PDF Version of Kubota WSM?

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I decided I have no issue with buying the relatively expensive Kubota WSM and Operators manuals that I desire for my recently acquired older KX41-2 mini EX.

BUT I would really prefer to have both a hard copy AND a PDF copy.

I have looked on line and cannot determine if what is offered cheap is actually what I want. I did get a copy of the mechanism chapter of the manual in PDF form which is good, but does not show the V version, which has the variable track width.

I guess my question relates to whether there is a PDF version of the factory manuals offered by Kubota, or whether, if I would really want one, that the only option would be to find someone who has scanned the manual somewhere, some time...

The only need for the PDF form would be to print out a page or two to use when working on the equipment...hard copies are actually preferred in my case most of the time.

edit: I guess the question is, do I just have to be satisfied with the hard copy(s) ?

Last edited:

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I decided I have no issue with buying the relatively expensive Kubota WSM and Operators manuals that I desire for my recently acquired older KX41-2 mini EX.

BUT I would really prefer to have both a hard copy AND a PDF copy.

I have looked on line and cannot determine if what is offered cheap is actually what I want. I did get a copy of the mechanism chapter of the manual in PDF form which is good, but does not show the V version, which has the variable track width.

I guess my question relates to whether there is a PDF version of the factory manuals offered by Kubota, or whether. if I would really want one, that the only option would be to find someone who has scanned the manual somewhere, some time...

The only need for the PDF form would be to print out a page or two to use when working on the equipment...hard copies are actually preferred in my case most of the time.

edit: I guess the question is, do I just have to be satisfied with the hard copy(s) ?
Caveat: your mini-ex being a construction machine, it may get treated differently from a tractor.

I went to the local dealer where the M7040 was bought for the non-profit I volunteer at. I explained what we were doing while there to buy a few filters, and they gave me a copy of the WSM on my thumb drive. But they weren't able to do the same for the Operator's Manual.
I went on-line looking for the Op Man and found a couple free, but they were Australian versions. These versions had a service schedule, but most of the service procedures referred to a 'sister manual' which I couldn't find. I found a $29 download at www.kubotabooks.com. Dang, it was the same Australian version! (So far, they haven't honored my request for credit.) I ended up buying a paper copy from Messick's and scanning it myself. There are a couple of on-line sites that you can see pdfs and download.
Personally, I prefer pdf. I put them on my cell phone's memory card so I always have them with me. If needed, I could print out a page or two.
So, if you're on good terms with your dealer, they may provide you a pdf copy.

Reactions: 1 user

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
When your eyes begin to age, there is nothing like looking at the manual on a nice big screen. I put a 65" in the shop for this and the occasional game. Being able to jump around and zoom in/out is great.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
And if you have a paper copy, take it to a copy shop and they can scan it to PDF for a few bucks.

Almost all copiers are scanners now and are very fast to scan the whole manual.

You can also have them scan it chapter by chapter each into a separate file if you want.

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
And if you have a paper copy, take it to a copy shop and they can scan it to PDF for a few bucks.
Almost all copiers are scanners now and are very fast to scan the whole manual.
You can also have them scan it chapter by chapter each into a separate file if you want.
A reputable copy shop won't scan or copy anything that is copyrighted.....

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
You are right. I've recommended them a bunch of times.
It was kubotamanual.com that ripped me off.
Ummm... I always thought that “ripped off” means someone took advantage of you or stole from you...

Unless they misrepresented the manual in some way... wouldn’t it be more accurate to say that you made a mistake and purchased a copy of a manual you already had...?? And that you’ve made a request to the seller for refund and awaiting to see if they will do so?

And isn’t “kubotamanuals.com” a known Australian website? Is it unreasonable to expect anything other than Australian-oriented items?

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Ummm... I always thought that “ripped off” means someone took advantage of you or stole from you...

Unless they misrepresented the manual in some way... wouldn’t it be more accurate to say that you made a mistake and purchased a copy of a manual you already had...?? And that you’ve made a request to the seller for refund and awaiting to see if they will do so?

And isn’t “kubotamanuals.com” a known Australian website? Is it unreasonable to expect anything other than Australian-oriented items?
1. They misrepresented the product - from their site, "The manuals have detailed illustrations and step by step instructions and contain everything you will need to repair, maintain, rebuild, refurbish or restore your Kubota. All operation and maintenance procedures are covered." As I said, the service procedures for almost every item refer to a 'sister manual' which I have been unable to find.
2. I made an e-mail request for refund over a week ago, giving my reason. This is the only means of communication given on their website. They have not responded.
3. There is no indication on their site that it is Australian. Where do you get that? As a matter of fact, this appears on the home page "It was in 1988 that Kubota open its first manufacturing facility in The United States, Kubota Manufacturing of America, in Gainesville, GA (USA)." Wouldn't that lead one to expect a USA site? I don't think Kubotas manufactured in the US are exported to Australia.

So yes, I think 'ripped off' is an accurate statement. You?

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
1. They misrepresented the product - from their site, "The manuals have detailed illustrations and step by step instructions and contain everything you will need to repair, maintain, rebuild, refurbish or restore your Kubota. All operation and maintenance procedures are covered." As I said, the service procedures for almost every item refer to a 'sister manual' which I have been unable to find.
2. I made an e-mail request for refund over a week ago, giving my reason. This is the only means of communication given on their website. They have not responded.
3. There is no indication on their site that it is Australian. Where do you get that? As a matter of fact, this appears on the home page "It was in 1988 that Kubota open its first manufacturing facility in The United States, Kubota Manufacturing of America, in Gainesville, GA (USA)." Wouldn't that lead one to expect a USA site? I don't think Kubotas manufactured in the US are exported to Australia.

So yes, I think 'ripped off' is an accurate statement. You?
Well...since you ask.... I think you downloaded an “Owner’s Manual” which is well-known in Kubota circles not to be a service manual or “Workshop Manual”. I suspect the WSM is what they refer to as a “sister manual” ...and that their sales-statement that manuals contain “complete” instructions refers only to the prospect that you purchase the appropriate manual, such as a WSM. Perhaps you did not realize you were ordering an “Owners Manual”...??

I wasn’t “declaring” the site to be Australian.... I was asking if it were not so...and wasn’t that widely known... and so not unusual to have that orientation. It was a question...not a statement.

I am not defending kubotamanuals in any way. I have also been disappointed when ording things on-line only to discover I did not fully understand what I was buying and after receiving the item wish I had not been so hasty. It’s an easy thing to do ....anticipate what you think you are getting and in one’s excitement hit that <enter> key on “Buy Now”... (The reason Amazon Prime appeals to me is that I consider the membership fee a worthwhile cost for the privilege of returning items without penalty when I’ve bought while making too many “assumptions”.)

Sorry this has happened to you. Been there myself. Hope they’ll refund the money but I wouldn’t hold my breath on an item you cannot actually “return” for refund.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I think you downloaded an “Owner’s Manual” which is well-known in Kubota circles not to be a service manual or “Workshop Manual”. I suspect the WSM is what they refer to as a “sister manual” ...and that their sales-statement
I was trying to get the Operator's Manual. As I said, I already had the WSM the dealer gave me on thumb drive.
The Op Man's I have on the L35 and M7060 (and now the US version of M7040) have a service schedule. Then for each item on the schedule there is a reference to the steps to follow. The Australian version has a service schedule, but almost every item refers to the 'sister manual'. For instance, nowhere in the manual does it tell how to prime the fuel system, such as you would need to know if you ran the tank dry or changed fuel filters.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
If you paid for the purchase with a creditcard, contact the CC company. Often you can get them to reverse the purchase. I sent mine copies of 3 emails requesting a 'purchase return' over a 4-5 weeks,with no replies. The CC company gave me back my plastic money.

as for manuals..I prefer a hardcopy BUT a PDF version allows you to print a couple copies of the pages you need in the shop, so they can get greasy-dirty and NOT the nice,new real manual.

I'd still like to have a real READABLE PDF of the wiring diagran for my BX23s, So far none none have been usable,sigh.