Pavilion for wood and Kubota attachments

wkcduck

Equipment
B2650
Dec 10, 2014
Farmdale
Project for Kubota attachments and wood. Defintely needed to be able to store backhoe under roof if I had it off tractor. I'll be able to pull through left of woodburner and drop it off with plenty of wood storage to the right. Any room behind woodburner will store auger, brush hog and more. Got all the framing done this past weekend and plan on putting on metal this coming weekend. With so many trees around I had the B2650 put to work digging all 10 post holes with the BH77 hoe. I was surprised I could easily dig 4 foot deep and keep the hole relatively small(3 foot by 20 inches).

Attachments

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Nice work. That's always a challenge with a backhoe, going tight and vertical. Good job.

This is what I have to do for my two storage container that I'm turning into the walls of my future garage. I have to put them up on foundation piers built like that as well. Not looking forward to it. Maybe I can rent my neighbors 25D from him to dig them. My backhoe would make really large piers (my smallest bucket is 3' x 1' ! )

wkcduck

Equipment
B2650
Dec 10, 2014
Farmdale
Nice work. That's always a challenge with a backhoe, going tight and vertical. Good job.

This is what I have to do for my two storage container that I'm turning into the walls of my future garage. I have to put them up on foundation piers built like that as well. Not looking forward to it. Maybe I can rent my neighbors 25D from him to dig them. My backhoe would make really large piers (my smallest bucket is 3' x 1' ! )
It did work out nice digging the holes. I wasn't worried about a lot of weight on my piers. However, once I had the holes, I decided to put 5000 psi concrete in the bottom for a footing. In doing that, I wanted to try and tie my second pour of my piers with it, so I just decided to place the 2 - 4 foot pieces of rebar in the footing.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Way overkill for the shed, right out of my school of thought, I like it!

What did you use to tie the piers to the wood, Strong ties or generics?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Nice job, better to be over built than just marginal built, at least thats how I look at it. And it aint gona blow over in a winter storm,,,lol

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
And theres already power there for lights. Will be nice to have wood stacked and dry. And a little heat nearby.

One guy i know ran automotive antifreeze 50-50 mix. Coupled his semi to it. Engine was always at operating temp. I would use environmentally friendly stuff with a heat exchanger.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Civil engineer here. What snow load is the roof designed for? Looks kinda light for my area (Wisconsin).

wkcduck

Equipment
B2650
Dec 10, 2014
Farmdale
Civil engineer here. What snow load is the roof designed for? Looks kinda light for my area (Wisconsin).
I honestly could not tell you. Its 26 ga. steel roofing with the 2 x 4s 2 foot on center. I stood in between the bracing a few times and it was fine. Didn't intentionally do it but my balance could be better at times...lol.

wkcduck

Equipment
B2650
Dec 10, 2014
Farmdale
Have it 90 percent done so thought I would share my updated pics. Keep in mind the space in the one pic with tractor was only intended for backhoe storage when not on tractor. I store the tractor in my garage. I would have made the pavilion bigger but thats all trees and wife would allow. After all it was at first just for wood storage....haha.

Attachments