Pat's Easy Hitch Question

Erik Graham

Equipment
B2630, LA 403, RCK60-30B, L2550 GST
Nov 30, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Greetings, I'm considering purchasing Pat's Easy Hitch for my Kubota B2630 for all the usual reasons. One question that occurred to me is related to the load on the lower arms. I have a rear weight I made for use with my grapple that I think weighs in at around 800 lbs. I'm wondering if that weight is shifted back 4 inches or so what the effective weight might be. I've read somewhere that moving it back could add 200-300 lbs. Wondering if anyone knows for sure or has done the math. Cheers, Erik

Attachments

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
I have not done the math, the safety factor, my guess, would cover the extra weight (and then some). I have an L and Pat's with a 900 lbs weight that sticks out even farther than yours.

If you can weld, you can add extra bracing to beef up your arms. I've only known one person that bent their 3ph arms. The arms were straighten, modified and super strong after that...

{edit...} I looked up your tractor specs; your Rear lift (at ends) can lift = 2,139 lbs

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Moving it back doesn't add any weight, it increases the turning moment on the arms.
You can estimate the moment in lb-in's by measuring the distance from the centerline of your weight box to the lift arm shaft and multiplying that by the weight.
Compare that number to the length of your lift arm X the rated load given by Kubota (at the end of the arm).
I'm pretty sure you will find your weight box on Pats will be fine.

I use Pat's Hitch with a 750 lb ballast box.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I had a Pat’s hitch on a small tractor for 17 years and lifted near max capacity on the 3ph many times. Never an issue. I did have to buy a longer top link.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
I got Pat's Hitch when i bought my tractor. I love it as a work saver but I did have to make some accommodations for it. I needed a longer top link and I had to get a longer PTO shaft. It turned out I had been using a too short PTO shaft for about fifteen years. Being new to an HST transmission I have decided to get an over run clutch now.

bambam31

Equipment
L3800HST 4x4,R1,FEL, 6'disc, 5'bush hog,piranhaTB,6'grader,6'rake, 48"forks
Apr 3, 2014
Mobile, AL
I’ve had Pat’s quick hitch for several years. It is a true time saver. No more pounding on implements to get a pin in.

Erik Graham

Equipment
B2630, LA 403, RCK60-30B, L2550 GST
Nov 30, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Thanks for the comments and advice, pulled the trigger on a set and will be installing it this weekend. Looking forward to hooking up implements without having to wonder where I left my pry bar, small sledge and 2 x 4. Cheers, Erik

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
I assume you'll read the instructions.... but the trick with the broom stick is spot on about aligning them up!!! (I read them after not having them straight!!!) Just a heads up!!!

Actually, why the heck doesn't these come as standard equipment on new tractors. Verses having to retrofit the arms with after market. There is NO advantage to the original arms.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Thanks for the comments and advice, pulled the trigger on a set and will be installing it this weekend. Looking forward to hooking up implements without having to wonder where I left my pry bar, small sledge and 2 x 4. Cheers, Erik
A 6’ long digging bar still helps with the easy change hitch if your implement is sitting on unlevel ground. I use the bar to lift the lower end of the implement.

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
After going through another not-so-quick change of implements with my HF QH, I'm looking into Pat's. Sounds like I'll need a new top link. Pat's does not have the vertical bars that restrict access to the PTO.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
no broom sticks, no compromises, no getting off the seat to drop or attach implements (sans pto), i'll pick a real quick hitch every time (LP QH10). Pats is a half solution. I get it, I was a hold out too. Top & Tilt + QH entirely changes the flow of work for the day.