Pat's Easy change vs Titan

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I would have to say good luck tying to bend it, I have 2 of them and I've done everything with mine and never damaged any part of it.
I have one of them mounted on a SSQA plate and use it on my bobcat and that one is just as good as new too.

About the only way I can think of doing anything to it would be to only hook up one side and try and use it. ;)

sgtboz

Equipment
Kubota L3800/L3940, BH77/BH90 Backhoes, www.bozhog.com
Sep 11, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK
www.bozhog.com
I've used a Harbor Freight quick hitch professionally for years w up to a huge 7ft implement (Land Pride grader) and have found them to be extremely durable and reliable. If you catch 'em on sale, you could get two for the price of one Speeco, which I also own. I did bend mine one time when I was reversing at a fast speed and hit a tree root with the far edge of a 6ft box blade. When I got home that night, I beat the quick hitch back into shape and am still using it today. I've used the Titan lower arm hooks and for whatever reason just never liked them compared to the full quick hitch. I sold mine on Craigslist within a few weeks. Different users...different preferences.

Last edited:

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
As much as I like my Pat's hitches, I would say that if the quick-hitch is compatible with all of your implements then stick with that.

I've never seen the Titan quick adapters before, but they don't look well designed. I don't see anyway to tighten them to the arms and it looks like the locking mechanism for the implement pin is manually operated. Being manually operated probably isn't that big of a deal since you have to get off to attach the top link anyway, but it's just satisfying hearing the Pat's hitches lock.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
No way would I use the pat's hitch. I want to back up to the implement to put the hooks under the pins, raise the three point, get off and connect the top link and go. If I weren't so old I probably could reach back and do the top link from seat position. For the Pat's I'd guess it might take a second person to move those lower arms to get just right for backing assistance. My harbor Freight two hitches have gone thru some vicious work and no evidence of bending, etc.

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
Or you use the spreader bar. I retired mine when Hodge make my telescoping stabilizers for mine.

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
For the Pat's I'd guess it might take a second person to move those lower arms to get just right for backing assistance.

I have 3 sets of Pat's and I have never required two people to hook up anything. The huge advantage Pat's have over any QH is that not all your equipment have to be QH compatible. I have numerous 3pt equipment and most of them don't even have the lift pins at the same width. If you are fortunate enough to buy all new equipment that is QH compatible that's great. But buying used equipment, good luck.
I made my own spreader bar when I bought my first set of Pat's, But since then, I have replaced all my turn buckles with telescoping stabilizers and the problem is solved.

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
If you are fortunate enough to buy all new equipment that is QH compatible that's great. But buying used equipment, good luck.
That's what welders are for. :cool: I was going to get a HF quick hitch for mine, but the lift capacity is already borderline questionable forcing the sale of an appropriate scale high quality Gannon landscaping box because it was just too heavy. I may yet get one if a HF sale coincides with my frustration being high from working on some task requiring multiple implement changes, but so far it's kept me from spending yet more money on things to mostly sit and fade in the sun...