Passing Along The Price Hike?

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2022 Kubota L4060 Polaris Rangerxp800 Ford 3400
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
I cannot quite understand why people use debit cards, when credit cards are readily available, frequently with at least 2% cash back.
Several actually have quarterly rolling 5% categories.

Debit cards provide absolutely nothing, except convenience.
The same convenience that credit cards provide, but absent the rewards.

I don't do auto pay, so that I am forced to at least casually review each monthly billing.
Makes sense, i track reciepts plus amout that comes out of bank to pay. Then i talk to myself about spending. My wife has her own money so i cant blame her. Lol.....

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Makes sense, i track reciepts plus amout that comes out of bank to pay. Then i talk to myself about spending. My wife has her own money so i cant blame her. Lol.....
My (ex) wife has her own money too!
She got it from me 25 years ago, and then took it with her..... to her boyfriend.
Just wish she had left much earlier,...... and with less!:ROFLMAO:

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
My (ex) wife has her own money too!
She got it from me 25 years ago, and then took it with her..... to her boyfriend.
Just wish she had left much earlier,...... and with less!:ROFLMAO:
1997..july 16th I was set free the first time. so coming up on 25 for me too. my current 1 we keep our finances sperate she actually works. we share household expenses. both divorced, both get it.
been with current since 2002 no complaints. I say wife for simplicity, no common law here and we aren't married, have a trust so anything that's mine goes to her vise versa.
much better !!!!

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
1997..july 16th I was set free the first time. so coming up on 25 for me too. my current 1 we keep our finances sperate she actually works. we share household expenses. both divorced, both get it.
been with current since 2002 no complaints. I say wife for simplicity, no common law here and we aren't married, have a trust so anything that's mine goes to her vise versa.
much better !!!!
I did not remarry either,..... but my sweetheart and I have been together for the past 22 years!
She is a widow.
Her stuff goes to her 2 kids, my stuff goes to my 3.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
I did not remarry either,..... but my sweetheart and I have been together for the past 22 years!
She is a widow.
Knew i liked u

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
going to also add, paying cash seems to make dealers upset. I paid cash for my 2020 Harley and they frowned. Was told they get paid either way but they get some sort of incentive for getting people to finance. I was trying to make the deal with the old Ill write you a check right now for x amount.
I haggled enough I got a decent price. I found the same thing with Kubota, only difference is the Kubota applied discount. In my case it was 1400.00. Dealer had nothing to do with that and kept asking you sure you don't want to use other people's money ? I laughed. Don't want payments I told him period. I have no idea on what interest they would have even talked about.
Really sad affair the way the world has changed. I always thought ease of Ill pay you today helped with bargaining. Has not in my cases.
Last two campers we bought the dealer was honest enough to explicitly tell us they get an incentive (kickback, whatever you want to call it) from specific lenders so they really did NOT like cash deals and had more pricing flexibility with financed deals. The better your credit, the more lender options they had so the more they could work on the overall price. We financed both times, took advantage of the pricing incentives, and paid off the loan with the first payment. Seems a long way to go around to get a good deal but for a couple thousand off cash price on a $30k purchase it was worth the extra paperwork, at least it was to me.

When I bought the Kubota, about 2 1/2 years ago, cash v credit didn’t seem to make any difference.

Reactions: 1 user

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
I just noticed that you have a 3400 Ford in your profile.
Have we talked about this before?
Yes.....lol....
U scoffed at my 1st post. Said i was tired fixing it to use. Lol becausebyou liked your TLB 3400

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Yes.....lol....
U scoffed at my 1st post. Said i was tired fixing it to use. Lol becausebyou liked your TLB 3400
I thought so.
I used my 3400 TLB for 550 hours with very little fixin!

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I wasnt that lucky. I put 75 hours
My 3400 TLB had previously been a cemetery hoe, and only had 1350 hours when I bought it.
In many ways I miss the old 4 lever hoe.
Perhaps that is because it was old, and I am old.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
My 3400 TLB had previously been a cemetery hoe, and only had 1350 hours when I bought it.
In many ways I miss the old 4 lever hoe.
Perhaps that is because it was old, and I am old.
Your 81 going on 60 from your posts. I think i got hosed is all. Fresh paint, new hoses on bucket. Quick connects added to bucket hydraulics in case you wanted to drop bucket off. A library of shop manuals to service all parts of it. I literally bought in April 2014 the day of the Boston Marathon bombing. Was on the dudes shop radio. We both in disbelief.
Once i used it a few times, power steering overheated all the time, spewing out the resivor. I fixed that by redoing it. Then radiator issues, mine is 3 cyl gas. Then lost 3 point hydraulics control. Used service manual repaired that. Points issues. Converted to electronics. Then the Holley updraft carb screwed up.
All in 75 hours. Mine by serial number is a 1972. I told a good friend come get this tank out of here. Im not trying to sell it. He can screw with it. I need 4 x 4 anyway. My house is 30 feet higher than 3 of the 5 acres. So i have hills. I can go down the road and in on flat to some degee but still hills, wet from rain run off etc....
So im happy with Kubota. Nostalgia only gets you so far. Im glad My friend will.fix it up though. Has others to do work with.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
Your 81 going on 60 from your posts. I think i got hosed is all. Fresh paint, new hoses on bucket. Quick connects added to bucket hydraulics in case you wanted to drop bucket off. A library of shop manuals to service all parts of it. I literally bought in April 2014 the day of the Boston Marathon bombing. Was on the dudes shop radio. We both in disbelief.
Once i used it a few times, power steering overheated all the time, spewing out the resivor. I fixed that by redoing it. Then radiator issues, mine is 3 cyl gas. Then lost 3 point hydraulics control. Used service manual repaired that. Points issues. Converted to electronics. Then the Holley updraft carb screwed up.
All in 75 hours. Mine by serial number is a 1972. I told a good friend come get this tank out of here. Im not trying to sell it. He can screw with it. I need 4 x 4 anyway. My house is 30 feet higher than 3 of the 5 acres. So i have hills. I can go down the road and in on flat to some degee but still hills, wet from rain run off etc....
So im happy with Kubota. Nostalgia only gets you so far. Im glad My friend will.fix it up though. Has others to do work with.
Meant 2013 April 15th.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
She is a widow.
I'm taking mine with me in the form of American Express Money Orders. They are acceptable anywhere! If you want to discuss my arrangements, please go to Hellen Waite. :giggle:

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I'm taking mine with me in the form of American Express Money Orders. They are acceptable anywhere! If you want to discuss my arrangements, please go to Hellen Waite. :giggle:
I find the concept intriguing!:giggle:

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I think the relatively low hours (from 1300 - 1850), had a lot to do with my 3400 good experience.
Mine was 3 cyl. gas also.
I did rebuild the carb., and change to electronic ignition, but I had no other issues similar to yours.
I did do a nice job complete repaint.

The beauty for me was that it was a TLB ( I never used the 3pt .)!
1970 Ford 3400 TLB with 1300 hours.
Paid $10,000 in 1986, and sold in 2019 for $9,000.

Bought the L48 TLB with 251 hrs., 3rd function, and hyd. thumb, from orig. owner, for $32K

Last edited:

top gnome

Equipment
b2301 w bh fel grapple back blade snow plow forks
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
going to also add, paying cash seems to make dealers upset. I paid cash for my 2020 Harley and they frowned. Was told they get paid either way but they get some sort of incentive for getting people to finance. I was trying to make the deal with the old Ill write you a check right now for x amount.
I haggled enough I got a decent price. I found the same thing with Kubota, only difference is the Kubota applied discount. In my case it was 1400.00. Dealer had nothing to do with that and kept asking you sure you don't want to use other people's money ? I laughed. Don't want payments I told him period. I have no idea on what interest they would have even talked about.
Really sad affair the way the world has changed. I always thought ease of Ill pay you today helped with bargaining. Has not in my cases.
I could not agree more. Rule number 1- I hate Debt and avoid it completely. And my dealer offered significant discount for cash. And, their is a service fee the dealer charges for credit that is not applied for cash. But because of rising interest rates, it may even make financial sense to buy the tractor on credit. but see rule number one.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
I could not agree more. Rule number 1- I hate Debt and avoid it completely. And my dealer offered significant discount for cash. And, their is a service fee the dealer charges for credit that is not applied for cash. But because of rising interest rates, it may even make financial sense to buy the tractor on credit. but see rule number one.
Agree...trying to do the utilities proerty tax food thing as bills. Tax person advises....deferr deffer use good rates. I dont get 6 percent gauranteed returns on anything is my response. Harley for instance thier bank would charge 5 or 6. With 870 credit. Luxury item. Point is thats locked in. 1st hint is them pushing dealers to push financing....to make more money on the sale.

As you say rule 1, no debt. Go from there. Does suck writing big checks though from years of not wasting what you earned and saved.

top gnome

Equipment
b2301 w bh fel grapple back blade snow plow forks
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
Agree...trying to do the utilities proerty tax food thing as bills. Tax person advises....deferr deffer use good rates. I dont get 6 percent gauranteed returns on anything is my response. Harley for instance thier bank would charge 5 or 6. With 870 credit. Luxury item. Point is thats locked in. 1st hint is them pushing dealers to push financing....to make more money on the sale.

As you say rule 1, no debt. Go from there. Does suck writing big checks though from years of not wasting what you earned and saved.
better to write the big check and pay yourself back at least its actually yours with no "landlord"