Panel removal B 2601

Ditchdigger54

Equipment
B2601 FEL, Box Blade, snow plow, Home made Balast box
Dec 10, 2019
Southbury, Connecticut
Hey all
I want to wire a pair of work lights to the ignition switch. I have tried several
searches without luck. So, can anyone tell me how to get the panel off, where
the ignition switch is? I have a B2601 HST. I don’t see any screws or clips on the panel itself.
I’m sure there are plenty here with way more experience then I.
Before you say to use the connections under the right rear fender, I had a tech show me where it is at the dealer. But for some reason mine doesn’t have any there. Go figure, the tech told me they all don’t come from the factory with them. I have looked on the left side also, no good.
Thank you in advance!
Are these old eye deceiving me?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Here's a diagram from kubota books

(http://kpadweb.kubota.co.jp/kpad2/KTC/)

Like my 50 series there appears to be only 2 bolts (one on each side, items 020 in pic) that are accessible after removing the two black side panels. The side panels each have two 10mm bolts in the front and slide into pins near the dash. Remove those side panels and you'll see one bolt on each side of the dash.

There is also one phillips head screw (item 030 in pic) in the center above the steering (hard to see, but its right on the edge of the dash cover panel up top). You'll have to remove that screw using a stubby phillips above the steering column.

Shouldn't take more that a few mins.

Pic attached..

Attachments

Steve67

Equipment
B2601-fel, 60"mmm, 5' rear blade, balast box
Jan 20, 2017
St. Louis, mo.
Are you sure the wire isn’t under the right rear fender. I had to look 2 or 3 times before I found it? Sure thought all the b2601 came with it.

Ditchdigger54

Equipment
Dec 10, 2019
Southbury, Connecticut
Hey Dirtydeed + Steve 67

The drawing will help a lot, thank you Dirtydeed!
Steve I’ve looked both sides 3-4 times, without seeing it. I’ll put new batteries in my flashlight and look again for the blue tape! Steve did you add work lights to yours? If so what brand, size, and how many lumens. I’m thinking the Kubota dealers package light kit is too pricey for what it is! I’m thinking of going with a small pod flood front and rear.

Thanks again guys!
Happy New Year.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
There was another post where the wires were not under the left fender. The OP was told to look again. He found the wires wrapped up with black tape and was only found after removing the factory installed tape. There was no indication that the wiring was wrapped up in the intersection of the tape. I do not remember the thread name.

Ditchdigger54

Equipment
Dec 10, 2019
Southbury, Connecticut
Big G
Thank you. That could be, I did notice black electrician tape under the right/passenger side. I’ll unravel that this afternoon. Maybe the tech that set up the tractor is over aggressive with electricians tape. I did notice the wires going to the brake light were wrapped pretty good. Probably trying to keep the dirt and moisture out.
I’ll look into! I will figure this out. Of course by the time I buy lights, mount them, and wire it the winter will be over! LOL I probably won’t use lights all spring, summer, or fall. The lights are just for plowing snow, during a long and heavy snow.

Thanks

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I just installed a set of these on magnetic mounts...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IZ9VAOI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Plenty of light for my needs with one facing front/ one back. I didn't use the factory accessory wire. I got this nilight kit ($10) and add a bit more wire to run from battery to the lighted switch. Installed the switch in the dash and ran the wires inside the ROPS and out the factory hole at the top.

Here's the wiring kit (switch and relay).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071ZPX32N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here are the magnets.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JKWCVTX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

PS, replace your stock headlights with some LED's. That will make a huge difference right there.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Dirtydeed, thanks for the material list. I need to put some LED's on my brush guard that are removable. The two magnets cost more the the two LED"s!

How difficult would it be to get the magnets to "give up" when I want them off? It says they hold 150#. I might need a crow bar.:D

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
The magnets hold very well and are difficult to remove (that's what I wanted). To remove them, you really need to slide them to an edge (corner) to get them off.

Maybe looks for some a bit smaller in diameter, less powerful, if you intend on removing them frequently. Not sure what the width of your brush guard is. I wanted the 1.5" in case I wanted to mount them on the "skinny" side of the roll bar (which is roughly 1.5").

I realize you've all seen hundreds of these photos, bet here are a few with them mounted using the magnets. the last pic is of the lighted switch installed in the dash. Since I went directly to the battery (with relay), the ignition does not need to be in the on position to turn the lights on. That's what I wanted. Also, I took the additional time to snake the wire up inside of the ROPS (I used sheathed wire inside of split wire loom so there won't be an issue of wear/short inside the ROPS).

Attachments

Last edited:

Steve67

Equipment
B2601-fel, 60"mmm, 5' rear blade, balast box
Jan 20, 2017
St. Louis, mo.
Ditchdigger, I think my auxiliary wire was wrapped in electrical tape also, which made it hard to see. I bought two led lights 4560 lums each with all the wiring and switch and it was plug and play from Ropslights.com

Ditchdigger54

Equipment
Dec 10, 2019
Southbury, Connecticut
Thanks!
I did find the connectors, no blue tape, but wrapped in black electricians tape.
I***8217;ll check those options out.
I***8217;m sure to find some lights I like.