Painting dashboard kubota

Serge

Equipment
Kubota b21
Sep 5, 2020
Canada
I intend to paint my dashboard and I am wondering if kubota spray paint grey will do the job or I have to find spray paint for plastic

cliffboyer

Equipment
L3301 w/LA525 loader, G5200 mower w/RC48 deck, Kawasaki 610 Mule, DR mower
Nov 30, 2017
Southern IL
Having painted many interior plastic pieces of my truck (dash, vents, door panels), I used a plastic primer/bonding prep. Results were outstanding, and have held up very well for almost 10 yrs.

Did same on the plastic grill & mud flaps. Paint adhered very well, but as expected the rock chips take a toll.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
if its plastic look at SEM products for painting plastic, specifically.

spray paint is ok for a while but the prep has to be spot on, among other things. It eventually can flake off, fade, look like poo. SEM is made specifically for plastic. The way it works, at least with ABS, you clean clean clean clean it (and then clean it again), using sem soap. Then scrub it down with some alcohol. Then, use a good quality wax/grease remover (Prepsol?). Temp should be 60-80 deg F. After prep, don't even touch it with your fingers. At this point you can hit it with the SEM product specifically made for the type material, in my case--"sand free". With sand still tacky, you then hit it with the color. The sand free product actually kind of melts the surface of the plastic, so that the color "melts" in. Done properly it's permanent, and wears great.

I did the entire interior of my car a couple years ago--very happy with it. And I'm currently doing the interior of another car (same kind of car different year/body)--and so far it is looking nearly brand new like the other one just different color.