Over tightened lug nut!!!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Had a second rim get damaged today :rolleyes: I think I got it figured out why the other one came off when it did. Person swapped out a tire and put the rim on backwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Daren,

Ouch on that last picture!!!! Looks like the rim is made of aluminum foil!!!

Glad that you made it out in semi-one piece and the west bound tire didnt hit anything too!!!!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
They are actually a steel rim. Person said they swapped the tire to bring it back to the shop. Apparently was in a hurry. When I went out and replaced the hub and tire I kept thinking something wasn't right so I left the tire attached to the hub and pulled it in one piece. It clicked that the rim was on backwards when I pulled it out of the truck :rolleyes:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Things like this never cease to amaze me. Young feller took his.car for 4 new boots. Tires all swapped, work order states wheel mounting surface must be cleaned or nuts may loosen. He asks how much,they tell him 100. It takes less then two minutes to do when wheels are off. 100.00 for 8 minutes. What a bunch of scoundrels. I do it for nothing when i have wheels off.

If people cant handle a tire swap, they shouldnt be driving. Not to mention towing a trailer.

wv bc owner

Jul 26, 2015
US
I took my car in for 4 new tires several years ago aluminium wheels factory wheel locks. Made sure the shop had the key for the locks and left. Picked the car up later a few weeks later had a flat. Pulled out the Jack and wrench with key. Put key in lock pushed it down the locknut broke immediately. A wrecker and two days beating with a chisel and some torches I got the car back. Another case of an idiot with air tools put the locks on with the impact. Tried to make me pay needless to say I didn't. Expensive flat garage paid the tow bill too.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk