Outside Air Temp.Gauge

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Well I've learned a valuable lesson. Yep. If your going to buy a gauge of any kind find a reputable US or Canadian company that manufactures them. The Chinese just can't make them to last.

I bought a digital one from an American vendor that lost one of the sectors on the display about four months into having it. The company said it was a bad batch and sent me another one and a year later it did the same thing so I said enough is enough so I set out to find a company that made quality gauges and I'm happy to report I was successful doing so.

The company is in NV, USA and is called TelTek. They have a web site Teltek USA, High Accuracy Digital Guages! They have been in business since 1984 and build all there own gauges. They even give a lifetime warranty on the gauges so that should tell you how confident they are in the product.

When we called to order the outside air gauge the owner told my wife to make sure it wasn't one of there's because there was a lifetime warranty on the ones they make. I thought that was pretty honest of him to tell us that just in case we didn't know he didn't want us paying for another one. We went on to explain it was a Chinese gauge we were replacing.

We placed the order and received the gauge and sensor in no time and you could see the quality the moment we opened the box. I liked the way the sensor wire plugged into the back of the gauge.

I removed the old unit and set out to install the new set up. This gauge can be set up in Fahrenheit or Celsius with a simple paper clip to push a small switch on the face of the gauge.

I had the old sensor out on the rear light but this sensor came with a shorter 10' wiring harness so I installed it on the right mirror this time by fabricating a mounting bracket out of 1/2 inch aluminum pipe and after a little bending and tig welding I got it installed.

I'm more than pleased with the gauge and service from TelTek. I'll be getting all my gauges from them from now on. Check out there site. Interesting stuff on there. Here's a few pics of the process. :)

Old gauge is to the left.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Once, when working in a customer's house, I used a very fancy toilet set. It had a thermostat to control how warm the seat was, another control to set the temperature of the water that would squirt up and clean your bum, and then another control for warm air to dry you off. I figure that is just about the only thing that your tractor is missing, now. Food for thought.

Wildfire

Equipment
Once, when working in a customer's house, I used a very fancy toilet set. It had a thermostat to control how warm the seat was, another control to set the temperature of the water that would squirt up and clean your bum, and then another control for warm air to dry you off. I figure that is just about the only thing that your tractor is missing, now. Food for thought.
Na wouldn't do it. It would be a pain in the ass :D

Other than the extra lighting, company lettering and the exhaust mod I've done it's just a basic Kubota. Even tractor guys that stop by the shop can't point out the items I've added to it. To me that says what I've done belongs there.

Now I do realize having a reverse camera and an outside air temperature gauge isn't really nessassary but it sure makes operating the thing much nicer. :)

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
With this idea and a portable cooler and a little microwave you would never have to leave the cab. Massive productivity and comfort :D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I really don't see how the Sweet Little Blonde standing next to the pony would ever get angry.
So when do we get to see the upgrades to the Pony like NO2 and tubro or superchargers???

Wildfire

Equipment
I really don't see how the Sweet Little Blonde standing next to the pony would ever get angry.
So when do we get to see the upgrades to the Pony like NO2 and tubro or superchargers???
As all our customers say. " the lady is a saint". Over the last 30 plus years I've Went to her with some way out ideas and all she would say is " if you think it's doable, do it". Can't think of one time she was mad with me :confused: yup. She's a saint :D
Can't mess with the motor in the Mustang. Those who have added even so much as a tune have had there warranty taken away by Ford. 400 plus HP gets us around just fine (for now) ;)