Out with the old, in with the new...

bikerdib

Equipment
L4701 with FEL, BH92 backhoe
Oct 5, 2010
Wallis, Texas
Out with the old, in with the new... now with pics

B3300SU, meet B7300. I picked up the 3300 and brought her home this evening. Parked side by side with the 7300. It's kinda exciting and sad at the same time. I may already have the B7300 sold. Gonna miss the old girl but I'm sure the 3300 will grow on me pretty quickly.

I know, I know; pictures. Well, it's dark already so I'll have to take some tomorrow. Gonna burn some welding rods in the morning; need to cut the old toothbar and extend it to fit the new bucket and add another tooth. Also want to put some more hangers on the quick hitch to hang more suitcase weights for counterweight.

Then hopefully, I'll load the 3300 on the trailer and take her where she will be working. Might even scratch some paint off the new bucket by continuing the work on my soon to be pond.

Put my quick hitch on after I welded some hangers to it for some suitcase weights:

Side view of my new girl:

Extended the length of my old toothbar and added a tooth to the middle:

I think the old girl is saying she still wants to go out and play:

Back to back. In the pic, the new girl doesn't look that much bigger and that's the way I wanted it:

Last edited:

bikerdib

Equipment
L4701 with FEL, BH92 backhoe
Oct 5, 2010
Wallis, Texas
Yep, it had R4s on it but as part of the deal I had them switch out to R1s. I wanted maximum traction. They were going to order in another 3300 without wheels and tires and order the R1s for me. Then when the R1s came in they would swap out the wheels and tires and keep the R4s till the new tractor came in without wheels. The dealership (Sealy Tractor) is one of the best. This even saved me $500, the difference in price between R4s and R1s. Luckily for me, they found a set of R1s in their warehouse so I didn't have to wait for the new tires and wheels came in.