Other Orange Springtime purchases

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
[ATTA IMG_6674.jpg
With the talk about all the tractor and power equipment commercials, I happily made the mistake of heading down to the local ( well a few towns away) Stihl Chainsaw dealer. WOW, yeah I was impressed!
So I ended up with a wonderful new Stihl. MS 261 C-M, 20" bar,( not a huge saw, but plenty for the tree size and work around here) which has a system like throttle body injection. The chip will sense your fuel quality, temperature, humidity etc, and not only runs flawlessly, but as a Pro series saw, is lighter than my two older saws, the new one is a Ferrari in comparison. No more choke to mess with or pump bulb etc. Guess it's like not knowing what your missing till you drive your 12 year old truck into the dealers and test drive a new one!

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Long time since I bought a new saw, have a 026 PRO and a 036 PRO, have a 20" and 25" bar for the 036.

Enjoy and I hope you get as many years out of your new one as I have the 026 and 036.

Jay

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
I unfortunately " loaned" my Stihl 029, with 20" bar, to a friend years ago. Unfortunately they went thru a divorce, and he disappeared without so much as a how do you do! I will guarantee this one will never get loaned!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I don't loan my saws either. Loaned my Husqvarna 445 out to the neighbor after we got spanked by a tornado 6 years ago. Got it back still running, but had no butt what so ever :confused: Dumped the gas out of it, and realized he grabbed the wrong jug and was running straight gas through it :mad:

Had 14 trees down at my house, and that put me in a pretty good bind. Ran into town and got the last 445 they had at Lowes. Filled it up with gas and oil, and spent two solid days cutting between our house and our other neighbors. The new one doesn't leave the garage unless I'm with it :D

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I unfortunately " loaned" my Stihl 029, with 20" bar, to a friend years ago. Unfortunately they went thru a divorce, and he disappeared without so much as a how do you do! I will guarantee this one will never get loaned!
Hey can I borrow your saw... and your tractor? :D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ya know it is truely a shame that some people do things to destroy your stuff and think nothing of it. Like the man said, you can borrow anything I have, but I go with it!

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Famous last words"i thought it looked kinda clear"came from the guy that filled 3 saws with clear gas.
I have been buying the husqvarna premix fuel,pricey but clean burning and takes a long time to go stale.

Nice saw, was tempted to buy myself a new saw, but i always borrow my buddy's saws. Im the guy that borrows stuff and gives it back in better condition.

New saw isnt in the budget, just sprung for a new welder. Cant wait to crack the box open.

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Oh man, what I would give ( if I had it) for a new Tig welder. Plasma cutter too!