Operators are killing me...

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
The folks I have helping me in the yard (family) are killing me by screwing up the front MMM gauge wheels on the RCK60-24B MMM. Today makes the forth one this year.
They are trying to run up and along side walks and driveways with the ground contact front gauge wheel. But... instead of just rolling up and along them the rubber part of the wheel makes sideways contact with the edge of the side walk or driveway and the hard rubber wheel is pushed off the wheel rim... basically trashing the gauge wheel. The Kubota price for the wheel (K5763-42132) this year is $59 and change.

My question is does anyone know who makes this wheel or a source for an after market unit? I examined the last replacement Kubota wheel for any markings on the rim or tire... not a thing.

If anyone has any ideas please feel free to throw them my way.

Reactions: 1 user

Butch

Equipment
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Have them foam-filled, and don't let the idiots use the mower ever again!
Dusty... great advice on barring demonstrated idiots from my garage period! But just incase... tractor keys are put up anyway...

As far as foam fill the tires... can't as they are solid rubber tires on a steel rim that looks like the rim halves were externally welded around the tire. it took a HARD lick to pop the solid tire up on the rim edge. I have even boiled the tire and rim in water and tried to use a press to pop the tire back onto the rim... it just ends up bending the rim. It looks like total wheel replacement is my only option at this point.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Google didn't seem to find anything cheaper (Toro is $140 !!)
For sure I'd ban all of the 'help' from running the equipment.
Have to wonder what kind of hidden 'shock' damage FOUR of those blows might have done to the deck ?

Clint from Flint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2350, B26 TLB, Covington Plant., Landpride Tiller, Hustler Flip-up
Dec 12, 2020
Flint, Texas
Hey Butch give us a picture of the gauge wheel.
Thanks,
Clint

Castironestates

Equipment
L2501, hoe, till, scrape, grapple
Aug 8, 2022
Quincy, CA
Has anyone heard or had experience mounting the L2174A snow blower to the rear of an L2501 or any other model tractor? The front mount blower was a good deal and I dont mind a project.

Low Lander

Equipment
1980 B6100 4WD, 2005 TG1860 mower and 2020 1025R JD w/FEL & BH, 2016 GR2120
Jul 10, 2022
NE Oklahoma
I know you can’t watch them every minute but don’t ban them just yet. Cut their pay. LOL Might see who, if one or more is doing it. Show them what they are tearing up. Teach them if inexperienced. Tell them how it should be done. Sounds like mostly they just need to slow down.

If they don’t have any ownership in the machine, they’re just trying to get it over with asap. That said, when my youngest was little (2005) he tried mowing one time. Like the old saying “if you screw it up enough, they won’t ask you to do it anymore.” I don’t think he cared. It was loud, dusty and hot. That’s why in 17 years living here, I’m the only one who has ever mowed my yard. Hopefully that’s not the case. But sometimes it’s hard to “let” somebody operate for you, especially if it’s young persons. Might just be better off to do it yourself. Otherwise show them how you want it done. Post a photo of the wheel. Just my thoughts. 😉

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Has anyone heard or had experience mounting the L2174A snow blower to the rear of an L2501 or any other model tractor? The front mount blower was a good deal and I dont mind a project.
Does this relate to the OP’s subject?

Maybe starting a new thread of your own would be more helpful for you?

Just a suggestion.

Pau7220

Equipment
L3650 GST, Landpride TL250 FEL w/ Piranha, 6' King Kutter, GM1084R Finish
Aug 1, 2017
Scranton, PA
Butch, here’s the way it’s done.
Since you have a press, it looks like a wheel balancer or brake lathe centering cone, along with lots of Murphy‘s lube will work.

Last edited:

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
The folks I have helping me in the yard (family) are killing me by screwing up the front MMM gauge wheels on the RCK60-24B MMM. Today makes the forth one this year.
They are trying to run up and along side walks and driveways with the ground contact front gauge wheel. But... instead of just rolling up and along them the rubber part of the wheel makes sideways contact with the edge of the side walk or driveway and the hard rubber wheel is pushed off the wheel rim... basically trashing the gauge wheel. The Kubota price for the wheel (K5763-42132) this year is $59 and change.

My question is does anyone know who makes this wheel or a source for an after market unit? I examined the last replacement Kubota wheel for any markings on the rim or tire... not a thing.

Verbal warning, written warning, suspension without pay, termination. Sounds like an operator issue, get rid of them now before they cause more expensive damage.

I don't know your set up, and option might be to weld a steel scraper tab at the same height of the steel wheel so that the MMM makes a racket if the mower is dragging along the sidewalk.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I know you can’t watch them every minute but don’t ban them just yet. Cut their pay. LOL Might see who, if one or more is doing it. Show them what they are tearing up. Teach them if inexperienced. Tell them how it should be done. Sounds like mostly they just need to slow down.

If they don’t have any ownership in the machine, they’re just trying to get it over with asap. That said, when my youngest was little (2005) he tried mowing one time. Like the old saying “if you screw it up enough, they won’t ask you to do it anymore.” I don’t think he cared. It was loud, dusty and hot. That’s why in 17 years living here, I’m the only one who has ever mowed my yard. Hopefully that’s not the case. But sometimes it’s hard to “let” somebody operate for you, especially if it’s young persons. Might just be better off to do it yourself. Otherwise show them how you want it done. Post a photo of the wheel. Just my thoughts. 😉
My ex frequently damaged my Craftsman rider when she mowed.
Will never really know if damage was due to her incompetence, or disdain for me.
Both she, and the mower are no longer "in use"!

Butch

Equipment
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
I looked up the number and found common aftermarket wheels for cheap, but I'll wait for the photo to be sure.
I have already tossed the damaged wheel....

JayCrue

Equipment
Kubota B2410
Mar 27, 2023
Australia

Butch,
Did you find a replacement or alternative for the rear centre deck (x2) and front outer gauge wheels.
Have had the same issue with my RCK60-24 here in Australia, but must confess as all my fault. Tractor and deck get pushed pretty hard over undulated terrain and have also been looking for an alternative wheel or roller.
Cheers, Jay 👍🏼

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI

Lol! When I try to tell people how I want a task to be done, I get labeled "a control freak."