one of my other rides...

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
Looks like this one: https://youtu.be/xSP8YCoQnfQ

Went to get it out of mothballs yesterday, damn thing (Kohler 25 HP) wouldn't even click, with a new battery, so I jumped it with 2 wrenches, on the solenoid. Went to tracin wires, had the side panels off, and all. turned out to be a GD lawyer switch, on the PTO valve was about a 1/16th of a turn from being closed. Made sure to take a paint ballwriter, and write: CHECK PTO FIRST! next to the key...:D:D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I could use one of those too. :D my father in law has been eye balling a China made one in the backs of magazines. He's been cutting out the pics and leaving them lying around as a hint for an Xmas gift :rolleyes:

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
I don't use it much, as I have wheel tractors that can run circles around it. It has a working speed of 2 MPH, and an overdrive (bypasses oil cooler) of suck your hat off speed of 3 MPH... Considering the wear involved in a steel track system, best to leave it for what it does best, grading out small waterways. It also has a 3 point hitch and PTO, but I mostly use the ripper I made out of a wore out box blade. As dry as it is around here, a tiller bounces off the hard ground, but the ripper will at least do something more than a tiller.:D:D

As far as a loader goes, I made the right choice, 15 years ago, it just moves too slow. My ASV has a top speed of 6 MPH. I have seen the Nortrack that Northern sells, it is a bigger machine. Struck is still in business, but the prices on their diesels are sky high, IMHO. There's one on CL, around here, lots of equipment with it looks new but no way would I pay 35K for it...

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I spent a good portion of my childhood in the beautiful little town where they build these, and was always fascinated by them, especially in kit form. (Let's buy one Dad!) I hear they will drag the Queen Mary on dry land, but you're not the first person who has said they're way too slow to be practical.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Im not suprised with the price. Buddy has an old oliver, trying to get my hands on it. Its a nice little machine. But the mini would be way cooler.