Oils and lubricants.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Industrial/automotive grease is primarily made from mineral oil and thickners - most commonly metallic soaps. Finished with a treat of additives.

Dan
Now I’m curious: what is mineral oil derived from?

Cranblue

Feb 23, 2019
Lincolnton NC
I tried to search but didn't come up with anything. I have an MX6000 coming in "soon" - what is everyone using for engine oil? Synthetic?

My Ventrac has a Kubota Diesel engine and that machine calls for Synthetic 10W-30 both in the manual and on the hood sticker. I've always used Rotella 15W-40 on my L4300, but I'm not opposed to switching to synthetic when new if that's a better idea(?). Is there a consensus? If yes, I may join Amsoil's preferred club and use their 15W-40 diesel synthetic since I use their oil in one of my cars. Please chime in.

Greasing - again, should I switch to a synthetic and, if so, which brand, etc. My uses are so limited I'm not too worried about costs as I won't use more than a few tubes a year.

Thanks. This site has been very helpful.
I’m in Western NC we don’t get real
I tried to search but didn't come up with anything. I have an MX6000 coming in "soon" - what is everyone using for engine oil? Synthetic?

My Ventrac has a Kubota Diesel engine and that machine calls for Synthetic 10W-30 both in the manual and on the hood sticker. I've always used Rotella 15W-40 on my L4300, but I'm not opposed to switching to synthetic when new if that's a better idea(?). Is there a consensus? If yes, I may join Amsoil's preferred club and use their 15W-40 diesel synthetic since I use their oil in one of my cars. Please chime in.

Greasing - again, should I switch to a synthetic and, if so, which brand, etc. My uses are so limited I'm not too worried about costs as I won't use more than a few tubes a year.

Thanks. This site has been very helpful.
Im in western NC temps don’t get real cold I use what Kubota puts in them 10w-30w synthetic. While under warranty I buy from dealer they have record of it and I write it down also. As for grease I use conventional.