Oil types

Eldubya

Equipment
B7800FEL Bck hoe Box scraper Post auger Field rake
Apr 14, 2014
Quadra Island BC
So, my B7800 manual says to use the manufacturers recommended oil, which is labeled UTD. Can't find it anywhere other than the dealer, who is not close to me at all. The nearest thing I can find is labeled 'TDH', (whatever the heck that means)
Q: can I use the TDH, can I just add it, or should I change it all out?

Thanks.

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Kubota UDT or SUDT, or something that meets UDT the spec like mobilfluid 424, and if you cant get that or something that meets the spec, any universal tractor (UTTO) transmission oil, generally a 10-30 (straight hydraulic generally an ISO 46) grade IIRC.
Every manufacturer calls for a particular spec oil, and lots of times they go to oil companies to get an oil made to reduce noise, make gear changes better etc. Kubota have their UDT spec, but many oils will work, some may make your tranny more noisy, or may not. If you are anal about oil, you buy the Kubota, if you are less pedantic, you use mobilfluid 424 or other brand which meets spec, if you don't mind, you buy a UTTO and use it in your orange, green, yellow and red tractors.
If you are talking about Textran TDH Premium, it's a UTTO oil, but doesn't meet the Kubota spec

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA

Eldubya

Equipment
B7800FEL Bck hoe Box scraper Post auger Field rake
Apr 14, 2014
Quadra Island BC
Thanks 85Hokie, but I am on an island off of Vancouver Island, BC Canada. The shipping would cost far more than the product itself. I guess ièll have to bite it and make the drive to the dealer. :rolleyes: