Odd Combination Air Filter Light and No Key Stop at same time

Purcell69

Equipment
L3010GST
Feb 11, 2022
Garvin County, Oklahoma
I'm a complete newbie with this tractor. It's a 2012 L3010 GST with 672 hours on it, bought last month and 12 hours ago. The tractor had a complete service at the Kubota dealership before we bought it. I was using it earlier today cleaning up some downed tree limbs and moving them to the burn pile. This afternoon, I went to start the tractor to move my old Ferguson TO-20 and when I started it, the air filter light came on with the key and stayed on after starting. Not being familiar with the light, I turned the key off to see if it would go away. The tractor would not shut off and I had to use the manual shut-off knob. I checked the fuses and all are good. The air filter was replaced when the tractor was serviced, according to the hours logged on the end of the outer filter. I haven't been running it in dusty conditions, but I removed the outer filter and blew it out with compressed air out of precaution. With everything reassembled, I still have both issues. I'm guessing an electrical glitch?

-Joe

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Maybe during 'service' some cable/connectors got moved/bumped/ dislodged . have a good look at ALL wiring 'under the hood', 'Push-connect' all connections just to be sure.

Reactions: 1 user

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
Yeah, check the connections. Clean them up while you have them apart. And above all else, check your grounds!

Things get weird when grounds get flaky.

Reactions: 1 users

Purcell69

Equipment
L3010GST
Feb 11, 2022
Garvin County, Oklahoma
Well, after running it bit while moving a few pieces of equipment around, the key switch started working again on its own. The air filter light is still on and the wiring to the sensor is good with nice clean terminals. I guess the "double glitch" was just a coincidence. Weird, but not beyond possibility.

I was reading some other posts about the air filter sensor and it sounds like it has a reputation for being "finicky".

-Joe

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
There is a 8 pin connector that has both of those wires in there, it's possibly come apart or just has a bad connection.

Reactions: 1 users