nubee needs some assistance.

rockosocko

Equipment
diesel engine for generator
Oct 16, 2012
NW Miss 'yall
I responded to a craigslist add for a 3cyl kubota engine and picked it up with a couple of other engines too!
I just think that it's from a lawn tractor of some kind.
BUT, the only casting info near the bell housing is:
855cc
58b
KB (the kids ran the batteries down on the spotlight AND the camera and couldn't take pics in the dark)

I was intending on making a bio-fueled generator for the up coming winter, but don't know what the heck it is just yet..

I'll try and give it a little bath and some pics tomorrow.

Thanks E

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Oh, post some pics. I wanna see!

rockosocko

Equipment
Oct 16, 2012
NW Miss 'yall
cut off some of the excess wiring and got it to start but wont stay running unless i keep a steady drip of ether..

Injector pump maybe??

E

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
How are you feeding it? Is there a tank, fuel lines, filter? Perhaps you have a restriction somewhere. If you are feeding it directly, perhaps you don't have enough fuel pressure to supply the injection pump.
Welcome to OTT!

Profnohair

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1500, 42" bh, box blade, G6200HST, Mahindra 450 with BH, FEL, etc.

rockosocko

Equipment
Oct 16, 2012
NW Miss 'yall
I've been using ether for over 45yrs in machinery from a 955-cat to a Pennington lawn mower (OLD school) and even 'weed eaters' and NEVER had a problem EVER...
That is probably ONE instance of bad maintenance..

NOT that i'm a pro but.. I had it running for over 3min and no problems.

just need to know what this particular motor needs to run.

E

rockosocko

Equipment
Oct 16, 2012
NW Miss 'yall
Well, I got it running and idling for about 10min then it just slowed and died..

Here's pics of it (finally found the camera battery charger and had to charge it for a couple hours)

I could really use some info on what wiring HAS TO be hooked up to get it to run on a test stand. Like what resistance gauge for the oil sending unit, Are the threads for the water temp standard for a regular gauge, and does the fuel line have to be pressurized or can it be gravity fed.

Like stated earlier, it shows 855cc's. SO, is it a D850?
Is there any links to online shop manuals for this engine?
Can a turbo be added to it? (already have two that will fit)
What HP/torque rating is this little motor?
how does one hook up a tach?

Are there any others on this site that are doing conversions like this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf-33fAJk70

E

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Boss I'm sitting here trying to figure out myself what exactly you have. The color of it is pretty damn close to Kubots but still seem a bit off. I'm scratching my head and I want to lean twards the direction of that being a Yanmar diesel and not Kubota. Only think I can suggest to get concrete info is take it to a Kubota dealer and have a tech take a look at it and see what they have to say.

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
ya'know Eric, I think it favors a Kubota industrial engine when you look at it from the intake side. Sticker placement, glow plugs, fill cap on the rocker cover, etc. but theres a few things that are different too.

rockosocko

Equipment
Oct 16, 2012
NW Miss 'yall
Well, is that where Kubota places their casting marks/numbers?
I was told it came from a 'profesional' lawn mower/tractor if that helps..

From all the videos that I've seen in the past week or so, it looks like a Kubota.

E

dieseldude

Sep 21, 2012
Baltimore, MD
I don't know if can help or not being new to kubota myself, but my model number on mine is a raised casting visable looking over the starter. The serial number on mine can be found stamped into the block casting below where the injection pump seperates from the block.