Not sure which I hate more

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Big fan of mulching, I wish I had more trees actually.

Reactions: 1 user

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Big fan of mulching, I wish I had more trees actually.
60 inch finishing deck at max height with clogged chute and and the tractor blowing black smoke out the stack. Oak leaves 1 Kubota 0.
Too many to mulch. Move em or burn em

Reactions: 1 user

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
I blow them to the sides of the yard and bush hog them several times.
The strong south wind blew most of them out of yard and over the hill the other day.

Code

Equipment
l3301, fel, lp boxblade, 12" lp auger, lp bush hog, z421 zt, lawnvac leaf vac
Dec 19, 2020
Central, Va
I just spent 7 hours with my tow behind leaf vac. All my maple drop early and get mulched in the grass. My 30-40 red oak get vacumed for the compost pile. Its a pain but we love the compost come apring. So kinda worth it. Excwpt when im 4 hours into it and 1/2 done

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
60 inch finishing deck at max height with clogged chute and and the tractor blowing black smoke out the stack. Oak leaves 1 Kubota 0.
Too many to mulch. Move em or burn em
My zero turn with the mulching deck will pulverize the snot our of some leaves.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I hate leaves. I have 3 yards and a 1/2 mile gravel road full of them. About 15 different species of trees that all drop at different times. Blow roofs and gutters. Then blow back away from houses. Then start with the zero turn mulching and blowing them away from the houses toward the woods. Mulch about 1/2 of them. The other 1/2 piles up in front of the mower. When piled up enough, shove the leaves into piles with the front of the mower like it’s a dozer. When those get too big, the leaf rake on the L aggregates the little piles into bigger piles. When those piles get too big, grapple them to the woods with the L. Back to the mower to make more mulch and piles. Then blow the leaves off the road. Pull the gravel that’s migrated toward the ditches back into the road. Dress the road all nice, and done for the year. It’s one, sometimes two, days a year so not worth putting a bunch of money into something like a cyclone rake. It’s still a PITA.

Before the leaf rake and grapple with the L, did it about 10 times a year to keep it from getting beyond the mower’s capability.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I’ll take leaves any day 😁

Would love a cyclone rake! When I was growing before they really came out (I think?), dad built his own. Had a cousin build a bracket for the back of the White garden tractor, mounted the chipper on it, used the yard cart we had for the mower and built a wood top for it.

right now I just take the zero turn and mulch them up, then soon follows with the case and the sweeper and hauls em to the gardens or compost piles. Converting his sweeper to power dump this weekend 😂

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Neither.
Spring time MUD is WORSE !!

Falling leaves signals THE change in the seasons....

Snow,looks pretty, from inside a nice warm house...

MUD is just miserable.
Can't get into the fields to plant.
Can't till the veggie gardens,
Can't cross the lawns
CAN get the BX23S stuck in the 'wallow' though.....
This, for sure. Looks SO nice out the window, step outside and that barely-above-freezing wind goes through you like a knife. Mud everywhere, so much needs doing, so little can be done.

Only thing worse is snow on top of mud. Both depressing (thought Winter was over...) and impossible to deal with without creating a bigger mess than you started with.

I hate Spring...