Noise engaging hydraulics

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
Hi all,I have a queery concerning engaging the hydraulic lift lever on my B7100.If I slowly move the lift lever to raise the lift arms there is a grating noise like trying to changing gear with out disengaging a clutch so it is impossible to raise the arms slowly a bit at a time .
I have looked in the WS manual and can't see any gears to make this noise so are there any suggestions as to what the problem may be?
thanks
dave

k4me

Equipment
b7100hst (early)
Feb 7, 2010
Erie, CO USA
Howdy B7100!! I don't know, but welcome and I'll be watching the answers too, in case my 7100 ever exhibits the same noise!

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Someone will chime in here with better advice but in the meantime!. I know you said it sounded like gears grinding. But the only thing I can think of would be a relief valve. Sounds like a coarse squeal that makes the hair stand up on the back of your neck.Does it do it at all rpm's, or just at an idle. :D Dusty

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
Someone will chime in here with better advice but in the meantime!. I know you said it sounded like gears grinding. But the only thing I can think of would be a relief valve. Sounds like a coarse squeal that makes the hair stand up on the back of your neck.Does it do it at all rpm's, or just at an idle. :D Dusty
Hi, why I likened it to sounded like trying to engage gears without the clutch was because I was getting vibration back through the lift lever which I have since found out is as you rightly suggest,the relief valve bouncing.
I found on another forum that this is normal for these tractors if the lever is moved slowly .I have found someone local who has the same model and indeed his does act the same way.
I would be interested if other members with a B7100 would try to slowly lift their hydraulics and post their results here. If it is allowed to post links to other forums I will reply with that link
dave