no work lights

craig68

Equipment
L4060
Sep 19, 2013
MI USA
No work lights front or rear on L4060 cab. Fuse 17 is good. It's 15 degrees outside and I don't feel like hunting. I assume there is a plug between the tractor and cab. Is any one familiar with the electrical system who can tell me where to check?

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
If your fuses are good and the bulbs still work start at the lights and work backwards. Check the wiring harness connections. Get out the contact cleaner while you are at it.

If you don't have the patience then the dealer will gladly charge you $100/hr shop rate to do it for you.

Re-check EVERY fuse in your tractor, there will be more than one location to check.

craig68

Equipment
L4060
Sep 19, 2013
MI USA
If your fuses are good and the bulbs still work start at the lights and work backwards. Check the wiring harness connections. Get out the contact cleaner while you are at it.

If you don't have the patience then the dealer will gladly charge you $100/hr shop rate to do it for you.

Re-check EVERY fuse in your tractor, there will be more than one location to check.
I checked both light switches in the column and no voltage found. The wires go up the column. There is a wire harness on each side of the tractor under the floor mat which join together at the fuse block. No sign of any plugs. 14 degrees this morning.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
see if you can get a wiring diagram for your tractor.
if there's no voltage at the switches, problem 'should' be between them and the battery. Maybe fuse 17 is fed from another fuse ? It's common on new trucks to have 3-4-5 fuses in series....

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
The answer is to start tracing wires with a voltmeter. If you have no power at the switch then either some harness is disconnected somewhere (or broken wire) or you don't have power feeding the fuse. Many times broken wires lead to blown fuses if the break is mechanical.

Don't forget to check you battery terminals and all connectors to it.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I had a similar problem with my BX23S with a Curtis cab. The lights on the cab are fused off of the battery, and not the fuse block. The power wire runs up the right A-pillar to the roof of the cab and then to the switches. There are also small white push-button circuit breakers directly under each one of my switches, that you push to reset unless you have a failure of the main power line. After a lot of digging, I found the fuse to the right of the battery and it was pushed behind some other wiring. Took me about 4 hours of tracing wires, etc. I looked at it carefully, and thought about extending it outside of its original location, but decided that it would be more work than I cared to do. If I were to do the work, I would install a Carling Technologies push-button circuit breaker somewhere on the dash that would be an easy reset.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Picture of my switches and the circuit breakers underneath, the little white dots. The first one on the right is for the wiper motor, and then the next one to the left is the Kubota front LED lights. I added the next 3, one for the rear light, a spare, and the last one for the 3rd function valve. I only wish that Kubota had punched out an extra hole for another switch, and I have no idea why they punched an extra hole for one more circuit breaker. Beyond that, there is a larger hole with a plastic plug in it, and I have no idea what that hole is used for.
MVC-001L.JPG

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
If you are certian Fuse 17 is for the cab lights, use a light probe and verify there is actually power on both sides of the fuse. Sometimes you may find a fuse looks good, but isn't. If you don't have power at the fuse, then you need to back trace the main buss to see if there is a fusible link that might be bad. Of if you have power at both sides of the fuse, but not at the switch, suspect little teeth ate something some where.

craig68

Equipment
L4060
Sep 19, 2013
MI USA
If you are certain Fuse 17 is for the cab lights, use a light probe and verify there is actually power on both sides of the fuse. Sometimes you may find a fuse looks good, but isn't. If you don't have power at the fuse, then you need to back trace the main buss to see if there is a fusible link that might be bad. Of if you have power at both sides of the fuse, but not at the switch, suspect little teeth ate something some where.
Thanks ACDII
Correction, it is fuse 18

Your reasoning makes sense for the after market cab.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: I have no idea why they punched an extra hole for one more circuit breaker.
maybe Kubota ( or whoever made the cab) uses that 'panel' in another model ?
The white KKubota label looks like it could be hiding another switch location