No-spill fueling ideas needed

number9

Equipment
L3800HST, 4x4, LA524
Apr 25, 2013
KY
Hooking the battery clips on the battery and trying to refuel wasn't working out so good, so I ordered some 12g SAE connector pigtails and extended the wiring from off the pump about 7 feet. Also installed an SAE connector to the battery and let it hang down out from under the hood a few inches over top of the front axle. Now I can just pull up and plug the SAE connectors together and fuel up.

Had some fenders left over from this project involving a surplus trailer that was meant to haul a genset....

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/282066-military-surplus-farm-trailer.html

The genset trailer was fresh out of rebuild and had all the tools, etc with it in the tool box, so I unwrapped the fire extinguisher and installed it on the bracket on the fender like it was meant to be. Hopefully will never use it, but it's there just in case.

Fenders are WAY too wide for this chassis, but they didn't cost me anything so I put them on anyway.

dfh1977

Jun 3, 2013
east ky
Add a piece of plywood or diamond panel. Add a box to hold another 12 volt battery and have it to power pump. Could add a button to have a switch on hand pump to hold in when pumping and release to turn pump off when tank full. I do like the float on a tube as well, maybe a way to keep near tank going back to fuel cap to watch level go up, then when full, plug tube as well.

searay

Equipment
L3200, GMC Yukon, rotary cutter, pallet forks, box blade, post hole digger.
Dec 28, 2010
Courtice, Ontario, Canada
Google GCAN. I just purchased one but will not have an opportunity to try it for a couple of weeks. I know its not cheap and I'm not sure the hose is going to be long enough to reach the tank. And I know it only holds 20L or 5
gallons but if it stops fuel from flowing over a hot motor it may be worth it. I will report back when I have a chance to use it and guess what it's Canadian.