No snow blower usage yet, happy new year

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
No snow blower usage yet, and nothing in the forecast for the next week. This is the latest with no real snow and below freezing temps here in N Idaho that I can remember.

Reactions: 1 users

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
5 to 6 feet of snow in some places in NW Wisconsin at this time last year.
This year, a little here and there But it melts off. Right now. Zero snow on the ground.

Reactions: 1 user

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
Just rain here in Central Oregon. MAYBE some next weekend, but not much.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Happy New year everyone....

We were on the boat, fishing the Saginaw river yesterday...

I am taking the boat out and going fishing in a few minutes......Crazy weather here in MI for sure.

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
Very disappointing.
NE WA.

I WANT snow!!!!

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Had 8” of snow the week before Christmas. Then I warmed up and rained for a day and a night. No snow now and balmy daytime temperatures in the upper 40s.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
No snow to speak of in central New Yorkistan.

I'm good with that.

Just hope we don't see a 30-40" dump like we've gotten a few times in recent years.

A little bit at a time is central New York - - 1-5" is normal. We call them flurries.

6-8" at a time is a hassle, but anything over 20" gets a little challenging..... :rolleyes:

As @North Idaho Wolfman would say, Robo-Cop or Batman would have to show up and do the neighborhood driveways for me….this was 34” iirc….

FullSizeRender_Original.jpeg

Last edited:

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
No snow to speak of in central New Yorkistan.

I'm good with that.

Just hope we don't see a 30-40" dump like we've gotten a few times in recent years.

A little bit at a time is central New York - - 1-5" is normal. We call them flurries.

6-8" at a time is a hassle, but anything over 20" gets a little challenging..... :rolleyes:

As @North Idaho Wolfman would say, Robo-Cop or Batman would have to show up and do the neighborhood driveways for me….this was 34” iirc….

View attachment 119153
Your camera needs its lens cleaned. It is full of white dots that blur the picture.

• Haha

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872, Defender HD9 XT
Oct 14, 2023
bc
No snow here either. Breaking 100 year temp records left and right. On the bright side, changing bucket to snowpusher and installing chains in plus 8 celcius today was quite enjoyable. Best of the new year to everyone.
IMG_3225.JPEG
IMG_3223.JPEG

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

GrassLakeRon

Equipment
B8200HST-DP , RC60-82h Mower Deck, Woods RB6 Rear Blade
Oct 27, 2023
Grass Lake, Michigan
Without spending time doing my day job (Earth Science Teacher) I will say this: warm weather will bring the flesh eating bacteria further north due to warming water temps. I personally want below zero weather....so I can fish and swim in the summer without the chance of bacteria eating my flesh.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
A cold start to fall and winter here in Maine
Oct and November was very cold.
Down to 0* or below several nights. Folks burned thru lots of wood and fuel oil heating. Ski areas were making snow to beat the band.... Then December shows up. No snow but lots of rain flooding roads washed out. Logging crews out of work. And all that man made snow washed away. Lots and lots of snowmobiles beside the roads for sale. And long range forcast like ten days out above freezing every day. Ice fishing starts tomorrow. There already has been a couple people drown falling thru the ice in December. Unusual weather for sure.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Without spending time doing my day job (Earth Science Teacher) I will say this: warm weather will bring the flesh eating bacteria further north due to warming water temps. I personally want below zero weather....so I can fish and swim in the summer without the chance of bacteria eating my flesh.
There's been many bacteria of the sort for years, some antibiotic-resistant.

I think early '90's. High school classmate died of a staph variety in the same hospital on the same day his wife delivered their child. So sad.

To your point, there's many pathogens we didn't see in cold climates before. Lyme is the first to come to mind. 30+ years ago, anytime I received a report of Lyme in upstate New York, there was always travel in the Connecticut, Massachusetts, or Hudson Valley.

Now, Lyme is prevalent in Deer Ticks throughout Central New York. Know many that are struggling with it today.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
There's been many bacteria of the sort for years, some antibiotic-resistant.

I think early '90's. High school classmate died of a staph variety in the same hospital on the same day his wife delivered their child. So sad.

To your point, there's many pathogens we didn't see in cold climates before. Lyme is the first to come to mind. 30+ years ago, anytime I received a report of Lyme in upstate New York, there was always travel in the Connecticut, Massachusetts, or Hudson Valley.

Now, Lyme is prevalent in Deer Ticks throughout Central New York. Know many that are struggling with it today.
The ticks were imported to Connecticut when the deer population had declined from overhunting. Then CT decided to import deer from another state to help repopulate the deer population and those deer were heavily infected with ticks. The only reason it is called Lyme disease is because that is where it was first identified.

Generative AI from Google

In 2022, Wisconsin had 5,327 cases of Lyme disease. The average number of reported cases has more than doubled over the past 15 years.
Lyme disease is a serious bacterial infection spread by black-legged ticks, also known as deer ticks. Ticks that spread Lyme disease can be found in every county in Wisconsin. About 20% of deer tick nymphs carry bacteria that cause Lyme disease, while closer to 40% of adults carry the bacteria.

Want to guess where Connecticut imported the deer from?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Not much in the way of snow here in NW Montana either, at least not at 3,200ft elevation. We had some snow back in late October/early November but not much since.

I met a friend for breakfast this morning and noticed some boat trailers parked at the Sportsman's Bridge boat ramp on the north end of Flathead Lake. I guess some of the serious fishing types like heading out on the water when it's 29F. There's not much in the way of ice on Flathead Lake yet so we could be in for some trouble next summer if we don't have much in the way of snow melt to fill up the lakes.

Last edited:

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Central NH here…had one good storm early 6” then much rain. One one inch storm as well. Ground is bare for the NYE celebration. I couldn’t care less if we have snow or not but I am ready for it. BX 25D with a Bx 5455HD blower! Love that thing!

KKBL

Equipment
L2501 HST QA 525 loader, 42" forks, brush hog, grader/box/back blades
Jan 5, 2022
Girard, PA
I have not put the plow on my truck yet this season. Only plowable snow so far was 4 to 5 inches near the end of November. Our son put his plow on that morning and took care of our 1/2 mile private road and 3 driveways before going to work and cleaned thing up again after work. Very little snow last year and so far this year compared to normal, but I would take this weather every year.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
No snow on the ground in eastern Canada and not really anything forcast for the next week either.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
You mean Quebec or maritimes?
Isn’t it unusual for Quebec to have no snow at this time of year?
The maritimes, PEI, NB & NS.