No ignition L355SS

David-in-OK

Equipment
L355SS, brush hog, box blade
Aug 2, 2020
Oklahoma
After old faithful cane back from the shop, bad bearing on my clutch pack (not cheap) I went to start it on a cold day. The glow plugs heated and it turned and it turned slow, so I hit the glow plugs a gain tried to start at it died all light outs. I charged the battery for a few days on my trickle charge but nothing. So what can I check first?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Take battery somewhere and get it load tested. Then check and clean all the battery cables and grounds. That would do for first attempt to solve problem.

Reactions: 1 users

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
I agree with Sheepfarmer completely. Colder weather will drop a battery's voltage by slowing the chemical reaction. If the battery seemed okay in warm weather winter can put an end to it. As far as cleaning your terminals, pay special attention to the insides of the battery terminal clamps and be sure they are TIGHT on the terminals.

David-in-OK

Equipment
L355SS, brush hog, box blade
Aug 2, 2020
Oklahoma
Take battery somewhere and get it load tested. Then check and clean all the battery cables and grounds. That would do for first attempt to solve problem.
Battery tested fine. The problem was corrosion on the ground where it was attached to the frame.