NipponDenso Voltage Reg

Orange L285

Equipment
L285 1200FEL
Jul 14, 2014
Texas
Voltage Reg (VR) stopped working; no charging voltage. Tapping on the VR gives a momentary increase to 13+ volts then returns to battery voltage. Happy to know the alternator is good after almost 50 years.

The old VR inside looks new no issues I could see but the underside was showing some age.

Got a new NipponDenso VR; same part number and design and the underside is not protected from the elements/ bugs just like the old one. Seems strange to not coat it in dielectric grease or some other protective means,
Thoughts on a light coat of dielectric grease? anything under there that needs to be exposed for cooling or???

TIA
Texas L285

Attachments

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
If the last one lasted 50 years, I wouldn't be worried about it. I doubt that 50 years from now neither you nor the tractor will still be around. I am a firm believer in letting the next person worry about it. Just like all the junk that I have collected all my life. My wife asks me what to do with it and I tell her that her next husband can deal with it. Keep life simple and don't worry about anything except making it to your next birthday.

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
If the last one lasted 50 years, I wouldn't be worried about it. I doubt that 50 years from now neither you nor the tractor will still be around. I am a firm believer in letting the next person worry about it. Just like all the junk that I have collected all my life. My wife asks me what to do with it and I tell her that her next husband can deal with it. Keep life simple and don't worry about anything except making it to your next birthday.
Exactly correct!
I have two storage buildings absolutely full of stuff......4,000 sqft.+
When asked, I explain it as my children's problem.....not mine!
Wife went away 25 years ago, took beaucoup $$$, but not much stuff!