Newbie needs advice

Bmodel7610

Equipment
B7610, loader, mmm
Mar 28, 2013
Hudson, NY
Hello. I just bought my new (for me) Kubota B7610. Love this machine and got a fairly good deal on this used one at my local dealer. Also got a MMM for it, but it has not arrived yet...

Two things... The one thing that bothers me is the exhaust pipe is low and to the front. When traveling forward there is a constant wafting of exhaust in my face. Is there an extension for the pipe that will direct it elsewhere??

Second, I notice that the two speed rear pto is engaged when the mid pto is engaged. I there something I'm missing here? Can I disengage the rear pto when operating the mid for the mower??

Here is my ride...

Attachments

seanbarr

Equipment
B7100DT (sold) - Branson 3520H
Feb 1, 2013
Deer Park, WA
Bmodel,

Nice tractor & welcome!

I'd go back to the dealer where you bought it from and ask about it. Furthermore, didn't they give you the operating manual or at least give you a quick run-down?

Having the operating manual & service manual in your hands should be your first priority.

Bmodel7610

Equipment
B7610, loader, mmm
Mar 28, 2013
Hudson, NY
Yes, I drove it around before I bought it. The owners manual which they gave me implies that the mid pto and high speed rear pto operate together and cannot be operated separately. I just thought that someone here would know from experience...

Frank

Kubota BX 1860

Equipment
BX 1860, oops, traded it for a BX2370
Jun 23, 2011
Raymond, ME
I wouldn't worry about the exhaust. It never bothers me, nor most others. There are a few who have fabricated a high exhaust, but I think it's just to give it the "cool" factor (which it does). Your call.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Welcome to OTT! You have a nice tractor, and this is a great site to belong to!
I'm sure the exhaust can be rerouted, but not as easily on your tractor as on the older ones. It runs inside the shroud, so modifications would be necessary to route it another way, like straight up, for example. Really, unless the exhaust is very high compared to the height of the tractor and where the rider sits, you are going to get exhaust smell sooner or later.

I wouldn't be too hard on the dealership- they can educate the buyer, but they can't cover every base. It is part of the buyers responsibility, and the adventure, to learn your own tractor. That being said, if the owner's manual says that they both turn together, then they do. I believe that mine do on my B7100. I don't see an issue with it, personally- the ability to disengage one shaft from the other would just add one more thing that can go wrong.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Near as I remember my brothers 7500 had the same pto as yours. I'm pretty sure they operate together. His exhaust came out low also. We didn't like it either, not only fumes but it turns the loader black.

I think these designers only think of them as tractors. They don't realize some of us treat them as a member of the family.

yankeepac

Equipment
L3200
Apr 4, 2013
salisbury nc usa
I also am a newbie. driving an L3200 hst. It also has a low exhaust, and I am constantly amazed how little exhaust it gives off. I see smoke at it's first start up, but then clean as can be. even when under load. Possibly this is because it is so new (bout to hit 10 hours).

yankeepac