New work lights on my L4310

Hillbilly77

Jun 19, 2016
New York
The OEM headlights on my tractor leave a lot to be desired.
With the loader, the low beams are pretty much useless. The high beams are ok, but not great.

I've been wanting to install some brighter lights on the front. I spent a couple days thinking about how to go about it - where to mount the lights, running a wiring harness, adding a toggle switch, etc.
I ended up mounting the lights to the brush guard. The next thing was how to power them.
Finally it hit me.... Why not use the factory low beam circuit for the new lights and avoid the whole hassle of running a harness? The low beams aren't much good anyway, so it was an easy decision to make.

The only problem left was getting the power to the lights through the front grill panel in such a way as to still be able to remove the grill to access the air cleaner, battery, etc.

Inspiration struck me in the form of a 4-wire trailer plug. :D :cool:
I drilled a 1" hole to mount the plug in the grill. I spliced into the OEM headlight harness for ground and simply cut the low beam hot wire right off.

The lights are Auxbeam brand that I picked up cheap on Amazon. They're just over $20 per pair and BRIGHT.

Here is the finished product.

The trailer plug that I installed & the wiring job:

I added a set to the rear over the winter.
I had to run a whole harness to them. For power, I tapped into the "ON" side of the ignition and installed a fuse & toggle switch.
Being wired through the ignition, I never have to worry about forgetting to turn them off and draining the battery.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Nice job!

I have the same pair on the front end of my B7100 - I can cut grass at NIGHT they are so bright!

Camlocker75

Equipment
L3830, L3901, JD 5103
Dec 30, 2015
Alabama
That's a great idea. I have been eyeing a set of those at Tractor Supply. Good job! I like the pigtail plug in.