New to the orange seen. Thinking of putting rear remotes.

Big Orange One

Equipment
2004 MX 5000DT
Jul 10, 2013
Upstate SC
I have a MX5000DT and would like to ad rear remotes. What is involved doing this. I have no controls. It has a loader but the controls come off with the loader. My Massey had a lever that operated one set of remotes but it is gone and not sure how they were hooked up. Probably only be using a disc or round baler so one set should do it. Thanks in advance.

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
welcome to the forum,
At least 2 of us here have put rear remotes on our B2620 but the hydros are set up different than yours.
In general terms your going to remove a line called power beyond and run that to your new open center valve with a power beyond conversion plug then run a new line from that back to where you unhooked the first one from.
Your basically diverting (borrowing?) fluid from your existing system thru the new valve with no restriction (the new valve only uses the fluid if you move the handle) and then dumping it back where it originally was intended to go..
tractor by net has a pretty active community in the Hydraulics folder of there forum someone over there may have your answer

Last edited:

Big Orange One

Equipment
2004 MX 5000DT
Jul 10, 2013
Upstate SC
Thanks for the repliesso far. Stopped and looked at new ones the other day. Would like to move controls that are mounted on the QT front loader and mount it to the loader mounts with QC for the loader when I take the loader of I will have the controls for other attachments.

number9

Equipment
L3800HST, 4x4, LA524
Apr 25, 2013
KY
I'm right now going through the same thing. I've placed my order with Fit-Rite Hydraulics for a TnT setup and am researching how I want to go with the rear remotes and valves. I'm not sure about your model tractor but there are several good threads here and on tractorbynet of guys doing the install on B and L series tractors. A lot of guys use the Prince SV series of stack valves because they have a reasonable foot print and can be customized with different valve sections to fit your needs. I'm looking at them but have not decided yet. I've got a thread running with some thinking out loud about various details that maybe of some use.