New to Me BX1860

1coolbanana

Equipment
Kubota BX1860
Jan 9, 2014
Australia
Just got sold my fantastic L1-22 now that all the heavy hard work is done and replaced with something more suitable, this fantastic little BX1860

It only has 15 hours on it so "as new"

I didnt get the owners manual (the one supplied with the BX new) as it was lost and have looked online for one.
Cant seem to find one, Kubota support seems to have quite a few owners manuals for download but nothing for the BX.

Anyone know a source?

Any tips, anything I should be checking for?
Its all looks great and runs fine.
Hydraulics seem weak but thats probably because i comparing to the L1 I guess?

Cheers
Marc

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OUTSTANDING! Yes shes not quite an L but it will work for you and do almost anything you need, enjoy your now to,,,errrr tool, yeah thats it tool :D
Looks good whats the fence for to keep out critters?:rolleyes:

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Kubota dealers have access to all manuals in pdf form.
Take a thumb drive and visit the dealer being very polite and perhaps they will help you.
I got all manuals for my larger tractor including workshop manuals for no charge.
Dave M7040

1coolbanana

Equipment
Kubota BX1860
Jan 9, 2014
Australia
Kubota dealers have access to all manuals in pdf form.
Take a thumb drive and visit the dealer being very polite and perhaps they will help you.
I got all manuals for my larger tractor including workshop manuals for no charge.
Dave M7040
"Allegedly" the dopey dealers around my way dont have any such privileges....or so they tell me.
I will ask around a bit more or Ill just get gouged and order one as a spare part :eek:
All Im after is the owners handbook but it all seems too hard for the dealers :confused:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
They have the privilege. They just choose not to give out the service and parts manual. It's really up to the dealer. Personally, i'll give that info out to customers that have purchased equipment from us. Specifically code lists on the tier 4 engines. Especially if it means i'm not gonna get woken up at 2am with a call from the answering service asking me what this means ;)
Some dealers gaurd that stuff better then fort knox. My personal look on that, is your gonna get the major repairs anyway, and the dealer only fixes on certain things. Why tick off a customer with a big diagnostic bill when it's a common sense fix like replacing a fuel filter

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
I just reviewed my manual for BX and most of it just tells how to use various levers, gages, etc. However, it would esily be possible to scan the pages on service intervals as well as the specifications or perhaps a page or two on things easily missed. Here are a few that I feel you ned.

Attachments

1coolbanana

Equipment
Kubota BX1860
Jan 9, 2014
Australia
I just reviewed my manual for BX and most of it just tells how to use various levers, gages, etc. However, it would esily be possible to scan the pages on service intervals as well as the specifications or perhaps a page or two on things easily missed. Here are a few that I feel you ned.
Thanks very much, really appreciate it :)