New to me 3 point tiller

jbeenemd

Equipment
Kubota L185DT
Sep 30, 2012
Sacville, MO
I was able to get a well used older 3 point tiller (Can't find name on it anywhere) and was going to pull it with my L185DT. Got it home and hooked up to the tractor. Things looked real close, and when I tried to lift the tiller it then tilts and hits the tires. Will then start to "climb up the tires" when I put it in gear to move to the garden. Obviously never had the chance to try the tiller with the PTO. If I had another few inches of length on the lower lift arms then it should fit. The lower arms should be the standard arms for this model. Have not measured the lengths yet. Has anyone on here had a problem like this before with arm length being too short and if so what was your solution? Longer arms? Sell the dang tiller and find another one that fits?? :confused:
Jackie

birddogger

May 29, 2011
Pittsburgh
Perhaps this is the application for an articulating top-link.
It looks like the articulating link rotates the tiller outward as it raises.

Maybe someone that uses one will come along and say.

jbeenemd

Equipment
Kubota L185DT
Sep 30, 2012
Sacville, MO
That looks a lot like mine. My tiller is green in color. It has an adjustment wheel which I tried to turn all the way out to get the tiller to clear the wheels but no luck with that. Will need to find my pictures and see if I can reduce them to post here.