New to forum, New B2650

B Krafty

Equipment
Kubota B2650 HST
Jun 6, 2017
Pocatello, Idaho
Hello all,
I have already gained a lot of great info from you all here as I have been lurking. Just got approved for 60mo 0% with the local dealer for my new Kubota B2650 HST. I got the LA534 loader with 60" SSQA bucket, R4 tires, RCR 1860 Rotary Cutter, RTR 1566 Tiller and a block heater.:D

Looking for any last minute advice from you guys on any questions I should be asking or any suggestions you have. Also with the zero percent financing, I am looking at $23,250, does that seem pretty fair? Some other questions:

• Filling rear tires or ballast?
  • Best blade to "try" and moves snow, grade driveway and maybe angle to clean irrigation ditch?
  • Quich hitch or not? Land Pride or other?

Finally, thanks for all your help in advance and let me know of any bad forum etiquette as I am new and plan to be here learning and contributing for a long time.

Caboose

Equipment
B2650HST
Aug 16, 2016
Washington State
Hey, Krafty.
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new B2650. I have one as well and it has been great on my place over in NW Washington. I maintain about 3-4 acres, mostly in support of my daughter's horse :D. The RTR1558 tiller has worked well for me when prepping the pasture ground for planting. The B2650 is a good size for maneuvering around the fences, through gates, etc and has enough power to do the things I need to do.

Tell us more about how you plan to use your new toy....ummm... tool. It's always interesting to hear about how folks are using their property and the tasks they put their tractors to. I would advise having the dealer weld-on and paint bucket hooks pre-delivery. My dealer installed 3 on my 60" SSQA bucket, one dead-center and the other two on either side in line with the lifting arms. Bucket hooks are a MUST in my opinion.

I had my tires filled because I knew I would be doing loader work and wanted that ballast - whether or not I also had an implement hooked up to the 3-point for the extra weight. I think the ballast boxes are a good idea, whether the are homemade or commercially manufactured. They are easy to hook up and take up less space out the rear of the tractor than an implement - plus, there are some great ideas for making them double as a tool-carrier (sleeves for chainsaws, tool handles, etc.).
Can't help with the blade, although you will want to think about how you want to use one. I agree strongly with those who recommend front-mounted blades/snowblowers to avoid having to be twisted around in your seat trying to see the rear-mounted implements - I get enough of that just with my post hole digger. You might want to consider biting the bullet and getting the additional hydraulics installed at the front (and maybe even rear remotes) now if you think you might be using front-mounted articulating equipment. Might be able to work some of that into the deal and save a little $$ over doing it later.
Lastly - the Quick Hitch. I did not purchase one when I bought my tractor but am considering it. I can definitely see where it would be convenient, but I'm looking at about $500 for the Land-Pride QH-10... just haven't needed it that bad yet.

As far as price, yours doesn't look out of line - at least not relative to what I paid, and I felt okay with my deal. I got the B2650HSD (ROPS), LA534 loader with SSQA, Land Pride BB1260 Box Scraper and Land Pride RTR1558 Tiller out-the-door for just under $23K (cash price).

Good luck and have fun,

Dean

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
You stated, "Finally, thanks for all your help in advance and let me know of any bad forum etiquette as I am new and plan to be here learning and contributing for a long time."

Welcome as a member and past lurker! Proper etiquette requires pictures of all tractors and related topics. You know how men are so visual!!:D:D

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
I have a similar set up but I went with the Cab which adds $$$$, same loader package with 60" bucket, much larger than my old 8N bucket, SSQA is great. I clear snow from over a quarter mile driveway and sometimes have to plow the main road if the county does not act fast enough. For that chore I chose the B2673 72" front blade, it seems heavy duty, have not used it yet but moved it around a few times and the quick attach made it easy. You can change the pin position to allow for dirt work where the blade does not trip like you want it to do when snowplowing. My out the door price was a bit over $29K.
Should have had them add hooks to the bucket, hate to mess up the new paint, lol.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Welcome and congrats on the new toy. You may want to take a good look at the implements list and see what you may use. The bundled price at Zero financing is a great deal.
What kind of property do you have to maintain? Any gravel roads? Lots of fence posts to install? You mentioned snow removal. A front hydraulic angle blade is a blessing over just using the loader. A little info will get you lots of suggestions.
Getting the tires filled is a definite, adding to traction and stability.

B Krafty

Equipment
Kubota B2650 HST
Jun 6, 2017
Pocatello, Idaho
Thanks, everyone. My place here in Idaho is 4 acres and we have 3 horses and a couple goats (great weed eaters). small yard and about 3 acres of pasture with a long gravel drive. We usually don't get a ton of snow, so I'm trying to multi-purpose a blade as I don't know if I can justify the front blade just for snow. Your right on the bucket hooks. I will need them for lifting various things and pulling posts. I do have a fair amount of fencing to do, but have a new handheld auger ( wish I hadn't bought that before making the tractor decision):rolleyes:. I think I am leaning toward getting the tires filled as I will be using the loader a lot. I'll get some pictures posted as soon as I get it home, as I'll be staring at it a lot:D.

Thanks again