New Piranha Toothbar upgrade... Seems Awesome

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I showed my wife this thread and she said "oh, just get it" so I threw a tape measure on the bucket and placed my order!
The first time that you are doing a digging project for her and she sees how well it works she will appreciate that PTB as much as you will.

st8yd

Equipment
2003 L3130 HST, LA513, Pats easy hitch
Dec 11, 2017
central FL
Well, due to this thread, I bought one a couple weeks ago. But havn't gotten to use it yet.:(

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Once you do get a chance to use it let us know what you think about it.

bluelou212

Equipment
BX2670, L3901 TLB
Nov 20, 2017
Callicoon, NY, USA
Once you do get a chance to use it let us know what you think about it.
I've had a toothbar for a year on a bx2670. It's a nice tool but it does invite abuse of the FEL. I've found myself getting carried away with the toothbar and using it like a hoe.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Responded earlier in the thread, but I guess this is my plug for BxPanded from a picture I took in 2013.

Didn't know about Ken's bucket hooks back then.....

Attachments

Last edited:

anavidi

Equipment
B2601
Nov 28, 2017
POWAY
Well, due to this thread, I bought one a couple weeks ago. But havn't gotten to use it yet.:(
I have a feeling mine will sit around and wait for me to find the time to install it also, which could take weeks these days.

grandwazoo

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5200 TLB, Kodiak box blade, wicked root grapple, EA pallet forks
Dec 12, 2017
Finger Lakes
RCW that looks pretty ominous in that lighting. Look out zombies!

bluelou212

Equipment
BX2670, L3901 TLB
Nov 20, 2017
Callicoon, NY, USA
Responded earlier in the thread, but I guess this is my plug for BxPanded from a picture I took in 2013.

Didn't know about Ken's bucket hooks back then.....
Do those hooks stay on for you? They would seem secure for me but then pop off after using the tractor for a few hours. I eventually got tired of dealing with them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

anavidi

Equipment
B2601
Nov 28, 2017
POWAY
The first time that you are doing a digging project for her and she sees how well it works she will appreciate that PTB as much as you will.
It arrived yesterday. The first thing she said was "oh wow that looks really mean and sharp".

I just nodded. Now I need some time to install it.

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
It arrived yesterday. The first thing she said was "oh wow that looks really mean and sharp".

I just nodded. Now I need some time to install it.
wait until she walks into it..... or you do.

it will happen, its just a matter of time. its like having a trailer hitch on a truck. You WILL hit at least once. :D

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
its like having a trailer hitch on a truck. You WILL hit at least once. :D
It aint never JUST ONCE on the truck hitch!!!!:D:) ------ toothbar maybe, that truck hitch will get you almost a dozen times before the brain tells the shins....."stay away!"

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I have been running into trailer hitches ever since I was 2 or 3 years old. You never seem to get old enough to stop doing that. The PTB is another matter. I have not run into mine yet but it is probably just a matter of time. One thing that I do almost all the time is drop the bucket with the PTB pointed toward the ground. I say almost all the time because although I may not remember it now, the law of averages says that I had to have done it at least once.

anavidi, that bar is really easy to install. It takes longer to read the instructions and get the tools together than it does to actually install it. I hope that you have fun using it. I have never seen even one bad review of that bar. I think that you will be as pleased with it as all the other PTB owners are.

anavidi

Equipment
B2601
Nov 28, 2017
POWAY
wait until she walks into it..... or you do.

it will happen, its just a matter of time. its like having a trailer hitch on a truck. You WILL hit at least once. :D
I have already walked into it once, as it was sitting on the ground in my office and I wasn't watching where I was walking... BANG! :mad:

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I have already walked into it once, as it was sitting on the ground in my office and I wasn't watching where I was walking... BANG! :mad:
Now that you got that out of the way you can got on with the fun part.

NoBiffBetter

Oct 30, 2018
Silver Creek, NY. USA
Mounted my Piranha bar today along with a pair of Ken's bolt on hooks. Also mounted my Bxpanded quick connect and thumb. Today has been a good tractor day!

Nice job buddy looks great!

I have the LA340 bucket and loader and j welded my own hooks on just recently and love them! Sooo many uses.

Iv been wanting to buy the Parana toothbar but not sure if the inside dimensions are the same on the LA340 bucket as they are on the LA243?

I’d have To assume it is the same but just wanted to be sure before ordering. Last time I measured the inside of my bucket I wanna say I came up with like 46-1/2”.

What does your bucket measure for inside width?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winyah510

Equipment
L2501, LA525, BH77
Nov 28, 2018
Georgetown, SC
My bucket is a 66 inch QA on a LA525 loader. The inside measures 64.5 inches and the PTB fit perfectly. I spent some time with it yesterday clearing some small trees and it pulled the majority of them up with the root balls intact. I am very pleased with this purchase!

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I installed a PTB on my neighbor's BX2350 yesterday. He has been watching me work with my PTB for a couple years and he decided to pull the triggher and get one for himself. I saw him out working with it yesterday. He was out working with it from about 3pm until it was dark. I may go over and get his initial impression today. I expect that he is pleased though. I have never heard nor read of a bad review.

NoBiffBetter

Oct 30, 2018
Silver Creek, NY. USA
My bucket is a 66 inch QA on a LA525 loader. The inside measures 64.5 inches and the PTB fit perfectly. I spent some time with it yesterday clearing some small trees and it pulled the majority of them up with the root balls intact. I am very pleased with this purchase!

Awesome! This is exactly what I want it for.. roots and small trees.. Iv already dig some up with out a tooth bar and it works.. sometimes.. but it’s a nightmare cuz there isn’t anything for the lip of the bucket to grab to..

So did you just use the inside measurement of your bucket to select the toothbar? Or did you have to round up or down based on the selection bus website had? And it was a perfect fit I take it?

I know he makes the side mounts to the toothbar flexible so that it can adapt if it’s not a perfect fit either by bending the mounts inward a tad or outward a tad but I wanna get it as close as I can and I’m not sure how much my QA bucket differs in size from the standard (older version) bx buckets..

Maybe I’m better off just calling him first and asking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk