New owner of B7200 HST 4WD

Trident

Equipment
B7200 HST 4WD
Aug 11, 2014
York, Maine
Hi everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself and let you all know that I just purchased a B7200 HST 4WD. It has a large belly mower that is in fantastic shape. Overall, the tractor appears to have been well taken care of.

However, I do have a couple of questions for the experts.

1) Does anyone know what bulb number works for the headlights? I bought an 1157 dual pole bulb at the auto parts store but it looks much dimmer than the other side. If the 1157 is the correct bulb maybe I have a weak/bad ground on the butt connector. I did not have my multimeter with me

2) Up here in Maine we get a lot of snow....was wondering if I would be better off with a rear mounted pto snowblower or a custom plow setup on the front? Not sure if 16hp is enought to push deep snow around.

3) The top half of the original muffler needs to be replaced. Has anyone purchased those after market ones that are around $80 online or should I just bite the bullet and buy a factory replacement?

4) Did these come with a factory safety kill switch connected to the seat or was that only on later models?

5) Lastly, any suggestions as to where I can get an owners manual and perhaps a service manual?

Thank you very much.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Welcome to the site. You can get the work shop manual and parts manuals at www.kubotabooks.com,

As far as the exhaust goes, if it's just the upper pipe and rain cap, you can get those at the auto parts store, tractor supply, or any place that sells tractor parts. Depending on the style of muffler, tractor supply will work. Replaced my muffler, rain cap and clamp there for under 50$

The bulbs were dim on mine as well, found a set of the zenon blueish tinted bulbs at the auto parts store. My tractor takes the 1157 also. If one sides a lot dimmer then the other, it might be a weak connection in one of the wires.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
A1) While the base is the same they didn't use 1157's they used a different proprietary bulb the was a higher amperage, but if the 1157 fits you can double your wattage output by using a H1157 bulb, it's a 50watt bulb compared to the 25 watt of the 1157, another option if heat is a concern is a High Power LED 1157 equivalent.

A2) We get as much if not more snow than you and my B7100 pushes snow like a champ.
If you can swing it a front mount snow blower beats the snot out of a rear 3 point unit, but a 3 point unit is better than a blade for deep snow and a blade is better for light know.

3A) Just get a piece of thin wall pipe and a flapper.

4A) I don't think that model has a seat switch

5A) like he said Kubotabooks.com has both the manuals.

Trident

Equipment
B7200 HST 4WD
Aug 11, 2014
York, Maine
Thank you both for answering my questions. I have downloaded the operators and service manuals and will read them tomorrow.

I am sure I will have more questions moving forward but thanks again for now.