Dougsshed

Equipment
BX25, 4in1 FEL, b/hoe,grader, single tyne ripper, 60" mower, carry-all
Hi everyone. I posted a new thread the other day but didn't introduce myself :eek:.
I live in Hoddles Creek, Australia. Hoddles Creek is a small country town about 70km East of Melbourne, Vic. I say 'town' but we really don't qualify for that status as we only have the following:
A small primary school that caters to a total of 40-50 kids, a CFA (Country Fire Authority) station and around 600 friendly souls.
My wife and I are retired and live on 5 1/2 acres of gently undulating land with 3 paddocks, a couple of small fruit tree plantations, a wooded area and a great big shed (20m x 12m) where I spend most of my time.
My wife keeps bees, chooks and ducks. She has also set up an aquaponics system primarily for growing vegies.
We bought our Kubota BX25 a couple of yrs ago and for the most part, it is perfect for our needs. I've used the back hoe more than expected, the 3PL grader less than expected, the 4-1 all the time and the single tine ripper from time to time.
I did a welding course a year ago and my first project was a carry-all. I've used that a lot and so far it has held together even with some heavy loads :)
That's about it! The BX25 has been a very worthwhile investment and I'm glad I found this forum.

Attachments

Mbarrette

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota U55, Kubota SVL75, Kubota B3030, Kubota L6060, Kubota ZG21, Kubota L4760
Mar 8, 2015
Creston, BC, Canada
Really nice job on the carry-all Doug, and welcome to OTT.

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
I know that in the Land of OZ some things are different but how do you convert puppy power to horsepower:confused: :confused: ;) :p :D

Are those Australian Goldens pups?

Welcome aboard!

Buy the way, how far can Tasmanian Devils swim?:eek:

Last edited:

Dougsshed

Equipment
I know that in the Land of OZ some things are different but how do you convert puppy power to horsepower:confused: :confused: ;) :p :D

Are those Australian Goldens pups?

Welcome aboard!

Buy the way, how far can Tasmanian Devils swim?:eek:
They are Golden Retriever pups. We have two Goldens on the property - Grover and Jess. Both beautiful dogs who are fantastic with the grandchildren :)

Thanks for the welcome and I have absolutely no idea how far Tassie Devils can swim :confused:

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
Regular Golden Retriever:

Australian Golden Retriever:

I prefer the Australian Golden myself. We had an Australian Golden male for just over twelve years, had to put him down because he got cancer.:eek: Best dog I ever had.:)

Dougsshed

Equipment
Regular Golden Retriever:

Australian Golden Retriever:

I prefer the Australian Golden myself. We had an Australian Golden male for just over twelve years, had to put him down because he got cancer.:eek: Best dog I ever had.:)
In all honesty, I never realised there was such a thing as an Australian Golden Retriever. I know that there is a difference between American and English Retrievers. Not that it matters much to me. They are arguably the best all-round breed ever. They certainly are if you want a family dog and you have some room for them. This is Grover and Jess. Jess, being female, is the smaller dog on the right.

We got Grover as a 'free to a good home' dog. After we took him, we realised that he had been badly treated by the previous owner. It took a while to make him realise that he wasn't going to be punished each time I reached my hand towards him. And when I picked up a stick to throw, he would cringe down on the ground :-(

All good now though. He's well loved and loves where he is :)

Attachments