New Member / New Tractor!

atljetmech

Equipment
B2601 w/ MMM & FEL
Jun 24, 2015
Ball Ground, GA
Hello fellow orange enthusiasts!

My name is Todd and I'm the proud owner of a new B2601 equipped with the 60" MMM and standard FEL. This is my first "real" tractor and I hope to have many enjoyable hours on it and look forward to chatting and gaining knowledge and information from y'all here in the future.

My third and current lawn tractor (Craftsman 54") is about worn out and I absolutely refused to spend another $3000+ on another big box, cheaply made piece of equipment! Besides, Kubota made it VERY convenient to get into this fine machine with 0% interest!!!

This will primarily be a heavy duty lawn mower for me as I mow approximately 2 acres of grass around my place but I also opted for the FEL as well cause I've needed a strong helping hand with chores countless times in the past but never had it! I would like to try my hand at a small garden in the future as well though and with the right implements, I'm sure this tractor will make it easy. :D

Attached are some pics of her at dealer next to the 2650 which I decided against (once I could finally compare them side by side)....primarily due to its larger physical size, extra $$$$, and my particular needs/requirements from a tractor.

I have about 10hrs on her now and couldn't be any happier with my decision on the 2601! This thing really mows the grass and its fantastic cutting 5ft with each pass with minimal overlap!

I'm an aircraft technician by trade so I'm pretty anal about taking care of my belongings but y'all feel free to offer up any advice at all cause like I said, I'm new to the real tractor world!

Thanks,
Todd

Attachments

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
Nice!

Best advice: don't polish the paint off it! :D

Keep the RPMs up. WOT (Wide-open Throttle) is the watchword.

Now that you've got the mowing mastered, what're you gonna dig? :D:D:D

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to OTT Todd. You had better watch out as once the wife sees how quick you can now mow, she'll find other things for you to do.:D

Hogzilla

Equipment
B2601
Jun 12, 2015
Atkins, Iowa
Congrats. Still waiting on mine. Can you tell me total length from front of bucket to back end? Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

atljetmech

Equipment
B2601 w/ MMM & FEL
Jun 24, 2015
Ball Ground, GA
Thanks guys. It has definitely reduced my cut time and its obviously more comfortable and more fun than what I've been used to! The power steering makes a big difference and I'm loving the HST as all my lawn mowers have been manual trans in the past.

Congrats. Still waiting on mine. Can you tell me total length from front of bucket to back end? Thanks.

I can get you that measurement tomorrow no problem.

atljetmech

Equipment
B2601 w/ MMM & FEL
Jun 24, 2015
Ball Ground, GA

With bucket flat on ground total length is right at 12ft from very front edge of bucket to end of 3 point lift arms.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Purrrty machine.....now go get 'er dirty!!!:D:)

you will think (daily) of new things to do with that toy.....um....machine!

willow wool farm

Equipment
5100-mx
Jun 19, 2015
Lewisville, nc
Hint.....if you like synthetic oil, wait about 100 hours before you start using it so she will break in properly. Too many new owners have switched to all synthetic too soon and the wonder why it burns oil from then on; because it didn't wear in properly. Also, as someone else noted, don't baby it too much during break in and vary the RPM and loads a bit during the first 100 hours

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

atljetmech

Equipment
B2601 w/ MMM & FEL
Jun 24, 2015
Ball Ground, GA
Purrrty machine.....now go get 'er dirty!!!:D:)

you will think (daily) of new things to do with that toy.....um....machine!
That is so true as I've been brainstorming daily on some mods to make it even more versatile..... like some chain hook's mounted to bucket that I've been researching on here and other area's!

Thanks for the info atljetmech..... Looking forward to bringing mine home!
No problem at all and I bet you are. I waited over a month for my dealer to get one in so I could compare it side by side with the 2650 like I mentioned.
Even though I was 99% sure I'd go with the 2601 I just couldn't commit until he had one on the lot to sit on and drive!

Hint.....if you like synthetic oil, wait about 100 hours before you start using it so she will break in properly. Too many new owners have switched to all synthetic too soon and the wonder why it burns oil from then on; because it didn't wear in properly. Also, as someone else noted, don't baby it too much during break in and vary the RPM and loads a bit during the first 100 hours
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for the break-in advice.
I'm a believer in synthetic fluids in certain applications but honestly haven't gotten on board with a total change over in all my vehicles and motorcycles yet mainly because I have (and have had) great high mileage results with good 'ol fashioned dino oil at proper interval's. I'll stew over this new Kubota Diesel I'm sure but will definitely keep it on factory fluids and filters during the warranty period.