New member from Australia

kvc

Equipment
MX 5200
Jun 26, 2020
Pemberton Australia
Hi all and many thanks for the free membership. By way of introduction, I've been a loyal Kubota owner for over 20 years. I've recently upgraded my L2850 with BX500 loader with a new MX 5200 HST tractor with a loader and 4 in 1 bucket. Still waiting patiently for delivery which should happen in about 2 weeks. Sold my old tractor to the first person to inspect, for full asking price. It was in pretty good condition for its age and had 3500 hrs on the clock. These Kubota tractors keep their value and are hard to kill. I'm sure I'll miss my little tractor, but am keen on the upgrade to a slightly bigger one and the HST transmission (for loader work).
Wondering if there are other members on this site, based in Australia or a page dedicated to 'foreign' members?
Looking forward to browsing through the forums to gain some knowledge about upgrades, mods etc. from your seasoned members.
Thanks once again for my membership.

Reactions: 1 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Welcome to the forum from eastern Canada. I'm impatiently waiting for delivery of my LX2610. Hoping for to see it on the property by the end of next week.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Hi all and many thanks for the free membership. By way of introduction, I've been a loyal Kubota owner for over 20 years. I've recently upgraded my L2850 with BX500 loader with a new MX 5200 HST tractor with a loader and 4 in 1 bucket. Still waiting patiently for delivery which should happen in about 2 weeks. Sold my old tractor to the first person to inspect, for full asking price. It was in pretty good condition for its age and had 3500 hrs on the clock. These Kubota tractors keep their value and are hard to kill. I'm sure I'll miss my little tractor, but am keen on the upgrade to a slightly bigger one and the HST transmission (for loader work).
Wondering if there are other members on this site, based in Australia or a page dedicated to 'foreign' members?
Looking forward to browsing through the forums to gain some knowledge about upgrades, mods etc. from your seasoned members.
Thanks once again for my membership.
Welcome, and yes there are quite a few Aussies on the forum, but no, no particular page for "foreigners". The owners of the forums are Canadian, two of the moderators are American, and there are members anywhere there are Kubotas. So ask away and post pictures of your tractor in its native habitat! I've got a bunch of relatives up and down Queensland and enjoy seeing how things are going.

kvc

Equipment
MX 5200
Jun 26, 2020
Pemberton Australia
Thanks for the welcome greetings! I'm sure I will glean a great of information from other members and posts on here. Good to know this is an international forum too. :)

kvc

Equipment
MX 5200
Jun 26, 2020
Pemberton Australia
Hi kvc, Im from OZ as well (Sunshine coast,QLD). Had to lookup where you are. While that's a way from my place I work a bit in Kal.
Anyway welcome another Aussie
Yup - the other side of the continent mate. Bloody cold here right now too. I lived in Kal for 14 years before heading to the S/W of WA. Have fond memories of the place. Stay safe and keep that border closed!

kvc

Equipment
MX 5200
Jun 26, 2020
Pemberton Australia
Welcome, and yes there are quite a few Aussies on the forum, but no, no particular page for "foreigners". The owners of the forums are Canadian, two of the moderators are American, and there are members anywhere there are Kubotas. So ask away and post pictures of your tractor in its native habitat! I've got a bunch of relatives up and down Queensland and enjoy seeing how things are going.
I'll be posting some pics when the new machine arrives. Still getting prepared for the upgrade - things like Cat 1 to Cat 2 (bushes make it easy) and making my ballast box from a plastic drum filled with concrete - quoted in excess of AU$1000 for the genuine box! Made mine for under $100.

kvc

Equipment
MX 5200
Jun 26, 2020
Pemberton Australia
Welcome to the forum from eastern Canada. I'm impatiently waiting for delivery of my LX2610. Hoping for to see it on the property by the end of next week.
It's hard to be patient when you are waiting for a new toy eh? I've had to wait over 6 weeks now, due in part to supply problems because of Covid and shipping overseas from Japan. Oh well, not long now I hope!

34by151

Equipment
bx23s
Jan 12, 2019
Peachester, QLD, Australia
making my ballast box from a plastic drum filled with concrete - quoted in excess of AU$1000 for the genuine box! Made mine for under $100.
When the concrete trucks come back with excess to dump they pour it into a mould (1 cubic meter)
They sell them for retaining walls for next to nothing
Get one of these and cut it down to size

Another way is to get crushed (recycled) concrete from your council, throw that in with a bag or two of new cement mix. Much cheaper than a fresh load of concrete and works out the same

Reactions: 1 user