New member. Found this site looking for tips

fstbk65

Equipment
L3540
May 10, 2013
Christiana, TN
So I was looking for ways to add auxiliary hydraulics to my L3540 and possibly make my own skid steer QD hitch for my loader when I found this site.

I already built a set of forks for the 3pt hitch that I used to move my Bridgeport with. But constantly adjusting my top link to tilt the forks was a huge PITA. I stopped by local dealer and they quoted me $850 for the kit and I would still have to get the hydraulic top link and hoses. I was hoping to find a DIY version for much less. The wife chokes at every dollar I say I need to spend for anything.

Next is the quick hitch for the loader. My bucket is a pin-on. I picked up another rack and forks from a fork lift at a scrap yard and intend to weld a quick hitch plate to it and my bucket after cutting off the pin on brackets. The dealer said $475 + $100 freight for the factory hitch but I found a set of hitches that can be fabricated to anything for less than $200. Has anybody done that here?

Now I'm off to do a lot of searching and reading. Looks like a good site. :)

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Welcome, and it is a good site! Lots of smart, experienced folks here, who are more than willing to share their knowledge and wisdom.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Welcome to be sure,, there is a cross section of everybody in here somebody will have an answer it might take a couple days but somebody will have it,,, Oh and one more thing we are a visual bunch in here so PICTIRES MAN lots of pictures,,:D

fstbk65

Equipment
L3540
May 10, 2013
Christiana, TN
Welcome to be sure,, there is a cross section of everybody in here somebody will have an answer it might take a couple days but somebody will have it,,, Oh and one more thing we are a visual bunch in here so PICTIRES MAN lots of pictures,,:D
I assume as much. I've got a picture of my mill lifted on the back of my tractor somewhere. I thought it was on my phone but wasn't. I'll find it and post.

fstbk65

Equipment
L3540
May 10, 2013
Christiana, TN

Here it is when I was moving it out of the old house. It was on a pallet because I had just bought it about a month before so it was just sitting in the house waiting for us to close on the new house. I picked it up and strapped the table to the tall vertical angle iron that is part of the home made forks. It wasn't going to go anywhere. Then I just drove tractor and mill up onto my trailer and moved everything together just like you see it (lowered of course) and backed it off into the new garage.

That was the easy part. Getting it off the pallet inside the garage took about 3 hours by my self.

Ok, so I did the picture thing wrong... Ok so I uploaded the picture to my profile album until I figure out what I did wrong with the picture post.

Last edited: