New M6060 - Very little lift on 3 point hitch

jwiatrek

Equipment
M6060/BH217/Titan Grapple
Dec 30, 2021
NC
New to the forum and to Kubota

I just took delivery of a new M6060 and the 3 point will not raise high enough to mount the auger on my post hole digger. I also noticed it only lifts my BushHog about 5 inches off the ground.

I checked both side linkages to make sure they are as short as possible, and adjusted the hole on the lower arm to try and maximize lift

Not sure what else to try to get it to have more travel - it only moves about 17 inches total from lowest point to highest measured at the end of the lower connecting ball.

Thoughts?

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
This probably won’t help but is your top link pinned in the lowest hole at the tractor? Lowest hole lifts higher I think 🤔

jwiatrek

Equipment
Dec 30, 2021
NC
This probably won’t help but is your top link pinned in the lowest hole at the tractor? Lowest hole lifts higher I think 🤔
Yes tried all 3 holes for both the bush hog and post hole auger ... Didn't make a significant difference.

Thanks for the idea...

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
With nothing attached to 3 pt hitch & 3 pt control lever fully rearward then after operating engine can 3 pt draft arms be raised very much? If so how much can the draft arms be raised? If 3pt draft arms raise very much it's possible feedback linkage needs adjusting

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
No issues with ours. The other obvious thing to check is the travel lock on the remote control lever...you don't have that restricting the full range of the lever do you?
If that isn't it I assume it would be the travel on the linkage? The M6060 has external cylinders to control the 3PT which is great...I guess you could also have an issue with the hydraulic cylinders.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
New to the forum and to Kubota

I just took delivery of a new M6060 and the 3 point will not raise high enough to mount the auger on my post hole digger. I also noticed it only lifts my BushHog about 5 inches off the ground.

I checked both side linkages to make sure they are as short as possible, and adjusted the hole on the lower arm to try and maximize lift

Not sure what else to try to get it to have more travel - it only moves about 17 inches total from lowest point to highest measured at the end of the lower connecting ball.

Thoughts?
I used a Land Pride RCR1884 rotary cutter on the back of the MX6000 open station a lot this last spring/summer. I have the factory top-n-tilt and found that I shortened the top ram regularly in order to get the cutter high enough at the rear to move around easily, and particularly, high enough to drive the MX with the 1884 attached on/off the flatbed trailer.

jwiatrek

Equipment
Dec 30, 2021
NC
With nothing attached to 3 pt hitch & 3 pt control lever fully rearward then after operating engine can 3 pt draft arms be raised very much? If so how much can the draft arms be raised? If 3pt draft arms raise very much it's possible feedback linkage needs adjusting
Forgive my ignorance - but by Feedback linkage, is that the adjustable side links or something else?

I have shortened the adjustable side links to their shortest settings

With nothing attached, the movement is only about 17 inches measured at the ball connector on the lift arm

Thanks for you help

Last edited:

jwiatrek

Equipment
Dec 30, 2021
NC
No issues with ours. The other obvious thing to check is the travel lock on the remote control lever...you don't have that restricting the full range of the lever do you?
If that isn't it I assume it would be the travel on the linkage? The M6060 has external cylinders to control the 3PT which is great...I guess you could also have an issue with the hydraulic cylinders.
Travel lock is not an issue, side linkages are as short as possible ... Not sure about the hydraulic cylinders, I thought those were part of the draft control??

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Travel lock is not an issue, side linkages are as short as possible ... Not sure about the hydraulic cylinders, I thought those were part of the draft control??
The hydraulic cylinders are what lift and lower the 3PT arms on the machine. At least the ones I am talking about.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I think the problem here might be one of expectation not matching up to reality. Take 3-point augers for example. They're not a good idea for a number of reasons. No down force, clearance and geometry issues for example. A better solution is a SSQA model that attaches to the loader.

Even rotary cutters aren't really intended to be lifted off the ground but we want to get on/off trailers or move from one point to another so raise up the cutter. Add in articulating top links to reduce stress while cutting, but cause the rear of the cutter to sag when raised and this can lead to disappointment.

jwiatrek

Equipment
Dec 30, 2021
NC
I think the problem here might be one of expectation not matching up to reality. Take 3-point augers for example. They're not a good idea for a number of reasons. No down force, clearance and geometry issues for example. A better solution is a SSQA model that attaches to the loader.

Even rotary cutters aren't really intended to be lifted off the ground but we want to get on/off trailers or move from one point to another so raise up the cutter. Add in articulating top links to reduce stress while cutting, but cause the rear of the cutter to sag when raised and this can lead to disappointment.
Interesting perspective - however I find it odd that the 5 tractors that I have used in my life before all could lift an auger above the ground so that it could be attached and actually used as an auger. Never had problems with down force, clearance or geometry - I guess we knew how to use an auger. So I think it's a reasonable expectation that a tractor can use an auger as it is designed and to think a 3 point hitch could go high enough for an auger to clear the ground.

If you think that a tractor's 3 point hitch being able to lift an auger such that it can actually be used is an unreasonable expectation then there are a lot of post hole augers that are exceeding that expectation.

Rotary cutters made to attach to a 3 point hitch are meant to be lifted.

ranger danger

Equipment
Kubota M6060, MEB 802A tactically quiet generator
Jun 11, 2017
East of Placerville Ca
Seems to me, the longer the lift arms are, the higher the lift will be at the end of the arms. Try lengthening rather than shortening the lift arms.

Reactions: 1 users

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Are you sure that the lowest hole lifts higher? I just looked at my tractor and found that the toplink is in the upper hole. Looks like I might be able to get more lift on my machine.

jwiatrek

Equipment
Dec 30, 2021
NC
The hydraulic cylinders are what lift and lower the 3PT arms on the machine. At least the ones I am talking about.
Yes I went to look again, and see what you m
Ah yes, thanks I was interpreting what I was seeing incorrectly ... The link to the parts schematic is very helpful. Have you ever adjusted the feedback linkage to change the lift characteristics?

jwiatrek

Equipment
Dec 30, 2021
NC
Seems to me, the longer the lift arms are, the higher the lift will be at the end of the arms. Try lengthening rather than shortening the lift arms.
Lift arms are in the longest configuration, the side links are as short as possible now which helped over how it was delivered by about an inch as it was already very short ...

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Yes I went to look again, and see what you m

Ah yes, thanks I was interpreting what I was seeing incorrectly ... The link to the parts schematic is very helpful. Have you ever adjusted the feedback linkage to change the lift characteristics?
No our M7060 never had an issue. We have a rotary cutter RCF1574 I think. No auger yet. I am curious though!

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
I think so. Maximum travel is limited by hydraulic cylinders. From a section view - implement side of top link is fixed. Let’s assume for this discussion that cylinders will give you a 90 degree arc (lift). IF pinned in bottom hole at tractor the arc will be at 0 degree fully raised. Now move up to top hole on tractor and the same maximum at the maximum raised is somewhere around 15 degrees.

Hope this is right 🥴

jwiatrek

Equipment
Dec 30, 2021
NC
No our M7060 never had an issue. We have a rotary cutter RCF1574 I think. No auger yet. I am curious though!
So at its highest ... How much clearance do you have at the front of the cutter? I get about 5 inches at max ...

When trying to connect my auger this as high as it goes ... Cannot even get the auger under the gear box
IMG_20220101_130620916_HDR.jpg