New L3800 Canopy Cheap

Diver 6

Equipment
L3800 HST
Mar 11, 2017
Dade City, FL
Been looking at options for a replacement canopy for my L3800. Mine was brittle and broken from the Florida sun and 5 acres of pine trees. Replacement ones from Kubota were outrageous and one guy wanted $800 to make a diamond plate one. So last week, was sitting across the street from a golf cart store. Canopy’s on the carts looked about the same size so I dropped in and asked if any used ones were available. Canopy’s from an E-Z-Go cart are nice and double wall moulded plastic but about 8” narrower than the Kubota canopy. Yamaha cart canopy’s (supposedly made by Rubbermaid) are the same width as Kubota and a little longer. Went with the Yamaha. Shopped around and got a nice used one for $40. Used 1” drilled out rubber corks as spacers so the bolts did not bend the ribs when tightened. Stainless bolts, rubber washers and corks were $10. $50 total and I got a sturdy canopy that will keep sun and rain off me and won’t crack if I clip a limb. May even spring for a rattle can of orange paint to finish it off, just because you have to.

Attachments

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
MUCHO AWESOME-O!!!

Nice job! You get an "A" for resourcefulness and recycling!

:)

My Kubota came with a smashed fiberglass lid. I learned how to repair fiberglass on that one and, after a couple rattle cans, you'd never know. The front edge was bashed and the whole roof cracked from one end to the other.

Attachments

Last edited:

Diver 6

Equipment
L3800 HST
Mar 11, 2017
Dade City, FL
Would have liked to keep the original but it had 8 inch chunks missing and was beyond repair. Good job on the glass work.

Last edited:

CapnDean

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L6060,ZD1211
Feb 22, 2018
Gulfport, MS USA
The mad that sold me my golf cart gave me second top. I wanted a black top on GC. SO he gave me one to paint and see if it would do. It did it. So the creme colored one that came on my cart...... is now on my farmtrac.

It looks better than the mangled diamond plate I had up there. We have pine trees too.

Attachments

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
Looks good I have to learn how to post pictures I have club car tops on both Kubotas and the 8n