New L2501! Well kinda...

Philly20

Equipment
L2501 HST
Jan 5, 2016
Michigan
Took possession of a new L2501 today. Overall, I like what I'm seeing except...I noticed the right axle appears to be weeping oil. The bolts have clearly been off. Unfortunately this was noticed after I signed and the delivery guy left. I considered that maybe the set up guy spilled UDT while filling so I wiped it down really well and drove it some. Felt around and got a little more oil. Seems to weep just a tiny bit during operation. Before reaching out to the dealer I'm going to watch it a little longer to make 100% certain it's not just spillage oozing out. Anyone else take possession of new equipment with evidence of repairs?

Attachments

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I believe they are shipped without the right hub assembly not installed, dealer installs it after uncrating. It doesn’t appear that they used silicone to seal it before they installed it

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
If not mistaken I believe that the L2501 is shipped with the right front axel disassembled with dealer doing that final assemble.
My brand new L2501 had the right tie rod end falling off the very first time I backed it of my garage. The tech at the dealership neglected to install the crown nut and cotter key, plus the toe in was not set. The dealer sent a tech out and promptly corrected all of the above.

Philly20

Equipment
L2501 HST
Jan 5, 2016
Michigan
I never considered the tractor being shipped that way, but I guess it makes sense if they're trying to maximize shipping space. Thanks for the replies. I'll keep an eye on yhe axle this week and see if any new oil appears.