New Kubota owner

Sledge

Equipment
B7001, Big B 4ft topper
Sep 17, 2012
Gloucestershire UK
New owner, not new Kubota. Anyway, am in UK and recently acquired some orchards so decided I needed a tractor for mowing, carting etc. Searched for months then eventually went for a B7100, with pasture topper attached. Then when it was delivered I realised I hadn't checked it carefully enough and it was in fact a B7001, and although decals were Kubota in the top rh of radiator grill was a very faded 'Zen-noh' badge. Hence I shall be residing in this section of the forum for much of my time, I imagine. It also hasn't got a rev counter so no idea what hours it's done (and how the hell do you set the throttle for the pto with no rev counter??!!!:confused:)

All that said, in the past two weeks it's worked very hard and done wonders with some very tough mowing and I think I'm falling in love with it. I've used full size tractors in the past so reckon I can make a decent go at taking care of it, and if it carries on like it is I don't give a damn about its pedigree.

This site is an amazing find, gives me confidence and makes me feel more relaxed about it all. Thanks. .

Thing is, wife wants to give it a name, so are tractors male or female? :rolleyes:

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Welcome to OTT. It is always nice to know the history of your tractor, but if it is solid, you can nonetheless move forward and appreciate the tractor. There are some other members here from the UK, so you aren't alone. This is a great site, and the people here are good. Hopefully your tractor will be trouble free, but if not, there is help here.

thespanishfarmer

Equipment
L1501 with rotavator and brush cutter
Apr 28, 2012
Cocentaina - Spain
Hi Sledge and welcome.

I am from the UK but now live in Spain. I have a L1501.

This site is a great place for advice and information and the guys here have a good knowledge of the old and new.

Try to pick yourself up an owners manual and service manual if they did not come with your tractor. Well worth it.

Gary