New Kubota Owner/ L3901HST w/LA525

JR4AL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5800
Sep 7, 2014
Jackson, AL, USA
Hello to all. I am new to the forum and am a new Kubota owner as of Friday afternoon. I would have posted sooner but I have been playing all weekend! A little about myself: live in Alabama, happily married (especially since my wife encouraged me to buy a tractor!),:Dtwo children(boy 5 and girl 4):D:D they have named our new tractor "Otis":D:D:D. I plan to use Otis for general gardening and honey do's, bushhoging, discing,planting patches and keeping up our pond and camp. I have been around tractors all my life and am upsizing from our Yanmar 1600 (at home) and Ford 2000 (at our camp) but never operated one quite as nice as Otis! Nevertheless, I wanted to introduce myself and I will likely need some "Orange" advice sooner rather than later!

Attachments

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Welcome to the forum! Do keep us posted on the quirks - if any - with that 3901. An remember that kids and tractors don't mix! Always leave the brake on, and the loader and implements on the ground... It only takes them a second to do the unthinkable.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Welcome to the forum! Do keep us posted on the quirks - if any - with that 3901. An remember that kids and tractors don't mix! Always leave the brake on, and the loader and implements on the ground... It only takes them a second to do the unthinkable.

You BEST keep that WIFE!!!!! Just dont teach her how to drive it, she will then have tooooo much fun and take it away from you!!!! :D

congrats on the tractor - you will find uses you havent thought of yet..

Teach them youngins ----how to be safe - ask questions here, lots of really smart and experienced folks here!!!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Welcome to the ORANGE,, oh dud you got a keeper there,, I mean the wife!! And of course Ottis si going to give you a real work out I mean a piece of equipment like that wellll its gona will keep you having fu,:eek:,,,,, errrr slaving away all day long, yeah that's it sure, that's it slaving away,,:D

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Nice looking rig you got there. Welcome to the forums!

Folks around here are good company and they know about everything there is to know about Kubota Orange...

JR4AL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5800
Sep 7, 2014
Jackson, AL, USA
Thank you all for the welcome. Indeed, I am going to keep my bride! I appreciate the reminder about keeping the kids safe and I know of two families personally that lost a small child due to a tractor.

Neither were accidents (like roll overs or slamming into trees and tops falling out) normal task, normal conditions, just like everytime before. Both instances were preventable and both involved an assumption of someone else watching the child. It is a fear we must all take seriously every time we crank up or get off. Maybe someone else will see this post and be reminded of it.

As far as Otis, so far so good! Got him good and stuck on the wee engine hour of 7.2! :( Might as well, see what he can do sooner rather than later! :) We got him out but lost a couple of hours of daylight. Really like the power and the HST, good comfortable ride. The particulate filter gets HOT when it does its thing but it has not bothered me (yet)! Not crazy about brakes on the right but I am not row cropping and generally do not need to turn on a dime.

Learning to keep the bucket level is my biggest quest right now. Geeez! It looks so easy but....we all got to learn sometime right?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Great you got him stuck ,if ya aint gettin stuck ya aint havin no fun,,lol,, now lets see where you stuck the little beasty,,lol

Lancerf18

Equipment
None yet - Still looking!
Sep 12, 2014
Albemarle, NC, USA
JR
I'm looking at a new 3901 HST/LA525. My dealer said sticker price was around $25.5k, but he can get me out the door for "low twenties". Does that match what you saw?

JR4AL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5800
Sep 7, 2014
Jackson, AL, USA
Lance, the list is close to what it is here. Looking at my paperwork it looks like it listed here with the loader for 24,077. I wound up at 22K for both. That was the best I could find and I searched several states. When I factored in shipping, I could not get a better price. I also wanted to support my local dealer. He low balled everyone without me showing him any of the quotes I had gotten via email from other states.
I would have responded sooner but I have been working my tail off bushhogging all day...(nah) I can't lie... I have been having the time of my life on this machine today. Very happy with this purchase so far! Take the leap, we only live once!

Ezlife45

Equipment
B2650
Jun 5, 2014
Louisiana
Learning to keep the bucket level is my biggest quest right now. Geeez! It looks so easy but....we all got to learn sometime right?
If you're tractor is like mine, on the right loader arm there is an orange sleeve with a silver galvanized rod going through it, That gizmo is the bucket indicator. Of course I have a smaller tractor with a LA534 loader, but you may be similar. Check your owner's manual.