New kubota orange paint (very close).

Matt2018bx

Equipment
Bx2380
Aug 25, 2018
Charlotte N.C.
This is not exactly a perfect match but for implants it worth the money. I did my box blade and carry all and couldn’t be happier for only $4 from Home Depot. I should have sanded them down and primed them first, but not to bad for 15 min of work and less than $5. Paint code is 214084 rust oleum. I’m trying to post pictures,not sure if there viewable?

Attachments

Smokeless

Equipment
3901/Loader/Rear Blade/Box Blade/LP Mower/Pallet forks IH M,,Cub & sickle mower
Feb 5, 2018
Southern Illinois
I used chevy engine block orange in a rattle can for my carryall, acceptable to me. HD color is plenty close as well. I have couple of old implements to paint, may try HD part number, thanks for posting.

anthonyv

Equipment
BX24 BX2200
Jan 24, 2017
SC
You may want to try Rust-oleum #250704 lobster red, it is very close to the new Kubota orange. I have used it on my BX's & it is hard to tell where the original ends & the Rust-oleum begins.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I saw that.
On the Amazonian...
kinda pricey... looks like a match though.

https://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-Implement-Paint-280142-Kubota/dp/B079H4B16J
It isn't as pricey as Mystik at TSC, or Kubota paint from the dealership. It's the best option, in my opinion- it cures fast and well (Mystik takes days, and can still be tacky), and is easily accessible. Rustoleum Chevrolet Orange is the next closest, but I can't find it anywhere locally.
TSC has it, for much less than Amazon.

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
A few weeks after buying my new L3301 from a Utah Kubota dealership, I needed some paint. I had welded some chain hooks on my FEL and did some other mods. The price of the "official" Kubota spray paint was about $15.00 with sales tax. For a brief moment, I imagined the dealer would, after me forking over well over 20K a few weeks prior, just hand me the paint and say "it's on the house, we appreciate your business." That didn't happen.......since then I have bought several thousand dollars worth of attachments, not one of them official Kubota but all aftermarket types. So..... when that can runs out (and it is a perfect match, and does seem to be really good paint anyway) It's good to know about the near match of the Rustoleum products!

sagor

Equipment
BX25, BX2750D, BX2760A, 5' back blade
Jan 9, 2017
Sudbury, ON, Canada
If any of you guys are close to the Canadian border, be sure to check out our Home Hardware stores. They carry spray "Rust Paint" labelled Kubota Orange, exact match from what I can tell. They also sell JD Green and NH Blue in spray cans, for those of you having different machines. A spray can sells for about $8 CDN, about $6 USD. Just bought orange to touch up my snowblower the other day.
Not sure why we have manufacturer's matching colors in the stores up here, yet south of the border you folks have trouble finding inexpensive matching paint?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I posted this on my UHMW/shoe thread, but belongs here.

Tried this for the first time from TSC...don’t hold me to it...$6 or so...

Real close with gray primer. As I said in the other thread, my hood is not clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk