New Kubota Buying Experience

iusvir

Equipment
BX25D, Tiller, Bush Hog, Box Blade, Post Hole Digger
May 18, 2017
Middletown, Oh
I purchased a new BX25D, with 60" MMM, Backhoe Thumb, Post Hole Digger, Box Blade, Tiller, and Bush Hog.

I wanted a tractor to take the place of all my other equipment, something new under warranty, and mostly something that would last.

I choose the BX25D because of the Kubota name and being the right size for me, I have about 3 acres and also help my neighbors and family out.

As most of you know the BX25D is being replaced this year with the B23?. I figured to get the 25D since most of the bugs would be out of it at this point is it's life cycle.

I found one at a local dealer Kubota of Beavercreek in Ohio. This particular store carried both Kubota and Manhindra which I found strange. They also seemed to specialize in outdoor equipment such as four wheelers and side-by-sides.

I made my deal and paid for my tractor. I was told it would be ready at the end of the week.

I show up on Friday to pick up my new toy. I go to the back to see my sales guy is bolting on the thumb to my bucket. First red flag. I was a little perturbed to find out the Kubota thumb was a manual device. The sales guy told me they could not find the correct pin for the thumb and he would install a longer one and I could cut it down, or they would order another. Just before they pulled the tractor out a tech found the pin.

The sales guy pulls the tractor around front to my trailer, at this point I think I am going to get some info on how the tractor runs, how to operate and remove the MMM, Backhoe, and Loader. Nope the guys pulls it up on my trailer and hands me the keys, with a here you go. I ask about the other implements and am told they are not ready.

So I take my tractor home and figure it times to work. I run it for over an hours cutting tall grass and the whine from the hydro is getting unbearable. I decide to check my levels and find I am low. I run to the tractor supply and pick up a 5 gallon bucket, turns out I am over 1/2 gallon low. It was not even on the dip stick.

Monday I call my dealer and explain I am not happy about the fluid being low and no how to info. I ask about my implements and am told Thursday or Friday. Dealer says they will take care of me on the fluid.

Thursday afternoon - they are not ready and will be ready on Friday

Friday afternoon - Call and am told they will be ready later that afternoon.

I drive out to pick up. They have me pull around back. Again the sales guy it finishing putting stuff together. They load me up and hand me a bunch of document tubes with no hardware and thank me for the business. I ask where is my bushhog? Over an hour later this time watching the sales guy get the manual out on how to assemble the bushhog, and him dropping it on another bushhog I am on my way.

Wait I almost forgot the good part...... I ask for my 3 point arms and he goes around the side of the building slab of cardboard that has been sitting out in the weather for who knows how long that has all of my 3pt hardware. It is rusted and missing some of the pins.

I am so pissed at this point I just need to leave before I blow my stack.

I call into the GM and go over the dealings, I told him I felt like I had just bought a used car from a buy here pay here. He did offer to replace the rusted hardware. I told him at this point I am done with his dealership I will replace the hardware myself.

So two weeks into this experience my throttle will not hold anymore, so I contacted another dealer in the area Zimmer Tractor. I asked about getting it in for service and at the same time getting a third function valve installed. I have now called this dealer 3 times always with a we'll call you back.

Next lets talk to Kubota customer satisfaction.

I went over everything above with the person from Kubota. I informed them that I would not be returning to the dealer "Kubota of Beavercreek" and had reached out to another dealer with no luck. I asked what was I supposed to do at this point. Here is the reply.

"Hello Keith Stewart

Thank you for contacting Kubota Tractor Corporation.

Thank you for your letter 05/12/2017; I was most concerned to read about the problem you have been having with your Kubota BX25D.

Customer satisfaction is of critical importance to Kubota Tractor Corporation and it's dealers. We want to make sure we are continually providing an expected level of service.

As I am sure you understand, it would be difficult to handle your concern from Kubota headquarters. For that reason, I have asked Ryan Boesenberg, of Kubota of Beaver Creek to investigate the situation, and take any necessary action to resolve your concern. You will be hearing from Ryan @ Beaver Creek shortly. I have also asked them to let Kubota know of the outcome. If you have any questions regarding your concern, please contact Ryan @ Beaver Creek Kubota.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, and allowing us the opportunity to earn your continued support of Kubota products.

Sincerely,
Sabrina C
Customer Satisfaction"

Wow so Kubota expects me to go back to the dealer that screwed up twice already and give them another chance.

So I am now to the point of contacting Kubota and doing a giving the tractor up. Yes I will take a hit in both money and credit, but at this point I think it worth it due to the fact I have no local support for the tractor and Kubota as a company does not seem to care one bit.

Any input?:mad::mad:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
First thing I caught was... don't go to Tractor Supply and buy fluid to put in your new tractor. You're not helping yourself because it not compatible with what is in there.

Your situation with the dealer escalates until you drive off and end up telling the man you're done with his dealership. I'd say problems need to be dealt with then and there with the person highest on the ladder. That's when the problem are right in front of both parties, first person. Then, if you need to go further you have an evidence trail started with them to follow.

If the mower loading episode was a deal breaker you should stomp your feet and say so right then.

Seems like from your report, you let things build up before you address them. I can't give advise on how to match your personality to the personality of the principle at the dealership, but spending that kind of money and not getting what you expect will cause a serious case of heart burn!

I thing the thing to do is call Ryan at Beaver Creek Tractor and have a cup of coffee with him. Tell him specific things that caused you to respond the way you did. Ask him how he would handle it, if he was in your position. Try to come out of the meeting with a mutual understanding, maybe an apology from both sides, maybe he could offer some future service for his shortfalls...but come away knowing you can go back there and get expected service.

bigfish Oh

May 16, 2017
West Liberty,oh
I am thanking you in advance for the warning of where not to go. I am looking at the BX23s . Compton's is closest, but Delaware has sold Dad several tractors and mowers. I return to show 2 HD dealers the Trike they couldn't sell me.