New KK Tiller Works Quite Well

gkk2001

Equipment
F3680, L3800 HST
Aug 14, 2011
Central GA, USA
I bought the KK Tiller, 5 ft, as recommended by many of you on here. At this point, it appears to be a great recommendation. I tried it first time today and it seems to have plenty of umphh. There will be plenty of challenges for it the next few months with hard packed clay.

I had an old much smaller, 4 ft, Bush hog tiller that was quite well used, so the contrast is huge. Thanks for the great advice.

navspecwar

Equipment
B3300HST FEL, ATH72 Finish Mower, 5ft KKRear Blade,Piranha TB
Oct 5, 2013
Marion, Illinois
Thanks for taking the time to comment, I too have been considering a KK 5ft tiller.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
If you have a box blade rough up the hard clay with the teeth first then fine till with the KK. Might save some wear on the new toy.

KenB2920

Equipment
L5240 brush hog,flail mower,wicked grapple,tiller,Danuser F-8 PHD,BB,RB 7' rake
Jun 17, 2011
Almont, mi
I have the same KK 5' tiller. What a fantastic piece of equipment. The dealer also had the reverse tine for $200 more. He talked me out of it. I saved $200 and am glad I listened. I've used it numerous times on different soils. I don't think I could be more pleased.

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
I've owned a KK tiller for many years. I had to replace all the teeth(worn to a point) but that's all I done to it since it was new.

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
I'm very happy with mine but the dang ground won't get dry enough to use it. I would like to till my mulch into the garden before winter but it never gets dry enough between rain and snow.

Sid Post

Equipment
Kubota L4600F and B2601
Oct 12, 2013
Texas, Oklahoma
I have the same KK 5' tiller. What a fantastic piece of equipment. The dealer also had the reverse tine for $200 more. He talked me out of it. I saved $200 and am glad I listened. I've used it numerous times on different soils. I don't think I could be more pleased.
What are the pro's and con's of the forward versus reverse tine rotation?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I had a Cub rototiller that was a reverse drive ( counter rotating) and that bad girl would DIG.
The down side was that it would dig so much it would stop the tractor movement, also hitting roots and such it try's to pull them out and tosses them up into the tiller hood and frame and will hang up.
But on ground that's been worked well it was a dream. :D

The other old one I had before was a forward rotation good for un worked or ground that hasn't been worked for a long time and set.
It will kick rocks and roots out the back instead of back up into the tiller so its a bit easier to clear the case and such, and it was easier, for me at least, to set it lower with each pass to get all the way down.
If you never used one before slow and stead is the way to go a little deeper on each pass, until its all worked up.
The forward rotating tiller, will on a smallish tractor, push you along if you sump it in to deep and try to dig to much to fast and have any hard pan. That does make for an interesting ride and sometimes very expensive part replacement.

Sid Post

Equipment
Kubota L4600F and B2601
Oct 12, 2013
Texas, Oklahoma
Thanks! I should have an L4600 headed my way Friday or Saturday so, I'm not too worried about being pushed around. It sounds like the reverse tiller is probably the better option for me.