New here, help needed

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
New top link: done
New adjustable lift arm??: Finally got the old one apart, it was a mess! Threads on the gear shaft and female threads on the lower lift arm assembly were shot! Gonna put the shaft on a lathe and turn the messed up threads down smooth and then make new threads on the clean shaft, probably 1/2 inch course is the best solution at this point. Then take the female threads side and cut it off, weld on a new nut (in whatever threads I put on the shaft after turning and threading), and walla..... Should work great then. I think the whole problem was something got in the threads and destroyed them to the point the lift (when the crank was turned) no longer had purchase and it just spun round and round. It was jacked up!
Sure is nice to have the machining abilities to do that, very impressive!

Scott

clark_bailey

Equipment
Kubota L3710, L3600 and Bobcat T190
Mar 19, 2010
West Alabama
A friend has the lathe, and I have the redneck engineering skills along with some really nice welding equipment :)

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
AHHhhhhhh! Life is good!:D

Let us all count our orange blessings and the friendships there of.... Have a Blessed Easter all:).... Butch

Orangefox40

Equipment
B7200HSD_FEL+Blade, 1986
Jan 2, 2010
Haliburton, Ontario, Canada
Hi Clark,
There is no reason that you should not be able to straighten your toplink if you do it slow and easy. Having said that if you can find a used tractor dealer they usually have top links for about $50.
If the female section of the toplink is out-of-round you can heat it with a torch and hammer it while the threaded section is still in and it will become round again.
The bends in your toplink section look fairly slight so again you should be able to put the toplink in a vise, thread it in to the first bend , then heat if and hammer it straight, it shouldn't take much. Then move on the the second bend.