New here Forks question

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I would not buy pallet forks if they are not adjustable. To often having the movement of the forks just increases the usefulness of the unit.

I just bought a set from the MF dealer for $550 at 2000 pounds. I have spent the last several weekends cleaning out a warehouse. If the forks did not move it would have required a lot of hand re-stacking to move the stuff as there were several different sized pallets.

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Must be adjustable!

IMG_1580.JPG IMG_1597.jpg

danmorea

Equipment
kubota b7100 loader/backhoe Kubota B2650 loader John Deere x540
Oct 25, 2013
narrowsburg ny
I would not buy pallet forks if they are not adjustable. To often having the movement of the forks just increases the usefulness of the unit.

I just bought a set from the MF dealer for $550 at 2000 pounds. I have spent the last several weekends cleaning out a warehouse. If the forks did not move it would have required a lot of hand re-stacking to move the stuff as there were several different sized pallets.
I think they all are adjustable,had many forks types and I never seen ones non adjustable
This particular model
Titan implements has a real nice knobs to adjust the width ,the slots are cut nice so they lock easy and slide easy
Good quality

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I think they all are adjustable,had many forks types and I never seen ones non adjustable
This particular model
Titan implements has a real nice knobs to adjust the width ,the slots are cut nice so they lock easy and slide easy
Good quality

There are some on the net that are nice and light. They are very cheap also. But when you look at them the forks are stationary. But you need to look closely as the angle of the picture hides the way the forks are attached.

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
Here is a summary.
1) Palletforks Inc. (AKA Titan) is a different company than Titan Attachments. Titan Attachments are USA made and not cheap.

2) Palletforks Inc. forks can be purchased on Amazon. The model number I bought has no width between forks adjustment. The capacity is listed at 2800 lbs. They are made some place overseas. Probably India. They do the job for me, without spending a lot of money.

3) Look at how much dead weight your loader assembly will lift, and subtract the forks dead weight. How much fork capacity do you really need? Are you buying more capacity than you can lift?

4) I haven't changed my mind since June. I would buy the cheap forks again. We are not taking about something with moving parts subject to failure. On, the other hand ................... I wouldn't walk under them when loaded........................................but that goes for any forks. (Forklift safety 101)

1601660936169.png
1601660936169.png

ppodpearson

Equipment
BX23S, rear blade, front ssqa hitch receiver
Mar 11, 2019
Mossyrock, WA, USA
Here is a summary.
1) Palletforks Inc. (AKA Titan) is a different company than Titan Attachments. Titan Attachments are USA made and not cheap.

2) Palletforks Inc. forks can be purchased on Amazon. The model number I bought has no width between forks adjustment. The capacity is listed at 2800 lbs. They are made some place overseas. Probably India. They do the job for me, without spending a lot of money.

3) Look at how much dead weight your loader assembly will lift, and subtract the forks dead weight. How much fork capacity do you really need? Are you buying more capacity than you can lift?

4) I haven't changed my mind since June. I would buy the cheap forks again. We are not taking about something with moving parts subject to failure. On, the other hand ................... I wouldn't walk under them when loaded........................................but that goes for any forks. (Forklift safety 101)

View attachment 49010 View attachment 49010
The exact ones I have had for a year. They work great on my bx23s. The fixed forks have not been an issue. With a pallet, I have hauled stuff within the tractors limit, and used it as a portable work platform. Great addition for me.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
So I got it now
Titan implements and titan attachments are not the same
I guess not. I got mine from my dealer, they are Titan and they are stout. I can lift over 2000 pounds with either of my tractors and I've moved 2500 pound skids of fertilizer no issue. Getting a little work worn after 15 years but still work just fine. Mine are black and rust colored however... :p