New guy.. well, not really.

Loner16

Equipment
B-7800
I can't believe I've been reading here for three years, and this is my first post. I come here often, because I think it's the best place for Kubota information. I generally keep my thoughts to myself, unless it's a subject I know cold, and I feel I can help someone by adding a thought.
My name is Bill, and I split my time between upstate and downstate NY, but I'm starting to spend more and more time at camp in the beautiful Adirondacks. I'm a retired Tool & Die Maker, still shoot clay targets (although not as often as I used to) and chase the Ruffed Grouse over classic Setters when the old knees feel up to it. Working with dogs, and I hesitate to call it training, because I think they train me much more that the other way around, has been a passion my entire adult life. We currently have two well bred Setters, an English and a Gordon, both about 9 years old, but they can still run like pups. It might be time to start thinking about some new blood, but I honestly don't know if I can run down a young four legged outlaw anymore!:) But, it's hard to imagine life without a Setter at my side.

In any case, I hope to contribute from time to time, and hope you don't mind accepting another American...

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
From one retired Tool & Die maker named Bill to another, welcome!

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
What took you so long???

Glad your here!

Now that you've started, Don't stop!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yep glad you finally posted and welcome even if you dont have beagles:D

Loner16

Equipment
B-7800
Thanks for the warm welcome gents...

It's good to see another old (I assume?) Diemaker.. Not many of us left..

And, I love beagles! Basically like all dogs, but somehow, setters just got in my blood.. In another life, I could be a Brit man, Pointer man, or a beagle man.
BTW, for a good read, look up "Wilderness Patchwork," by Willett Randall. The Patch Beagle Kennels still stand not far from my adopted home, in North Creek, N.Y.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Loner, I was in your neck of the woods (relatively) a few weeks ago. My wife and I brought the youth group from our church up to Pottersville to work at the Word of Life Camp on Schroon Lake. I had never been to the Adirondacks before, and it is beautiful there. We had a great time, and plan to come back. They (Word Of Life) host snowcamps all winter long, and the youth group want to make the trip again.
Dennis T, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only guy who is partial to cats. I love dogs too, but grew up with cats, and enjoy their company.

Loner16

Equipment
B-7800
Hi Hodge,

I believe that Camp is off Route 9, if memory serves. We used to go into deer camp near Schroon Lake, in Paradox Lake. We were a great group of guys, and we always had a great time. But, as always, we all get older, men pass on to the happy hunting grounds, get ill, etc. But, I'll never forget those times... lot's of laughs and good camraderie.
Anyway, I'm in the central Adirondacks.. Not far off, 2 hours or so.

Beautiful country indeed. I'm not a native Adirondacker, one needs three or four generations even to be considered a local, but we have great neighbors and good helpful people around. Life in a small town... It can't be beat!