New Guy - Could use some pointers

Tim_P

Jul 15, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
Thought I'd introduce myself, and ask for some general help while I'm at it.

I'm supposed to pick up my "new" Kubota next week. This is my first Kubota, and my first diesel.

As I mentioned in another post, it was an airport "tug tractor" so it's missing the 3-pt and PTO. I'm not horribly concerned with those, but I'd like to add them eventually.

If anyone has advice on the "tug" setup, I'd really appreciate any info you can pass along.

The tractor appears to be pretty clean, only 230 hours. It's an '88 B9200 HST 4wd, I'm picking it up for $1200.

Thanks in advance.

-Tim

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
With the airport equipment the fenders are also missing. :(

There are some variations in these stripped down models with the special builds. Kubota does this for marketing but sometimes the additional parts are major work and price.

On the PTO the delivery shaft that runs back through the trans may not be inside the trans. If not then that shaft must be added to have PTO.
The 3pt stuff adds up pretty fast too.

I know some guys that buy this stuff and flip them for profit. I wish you the best of luck but buying a stripped down tractor is a hard way to get started. It can be done and it can work but be prepared for large amounts of build up time and some stiff expense if you have to buy new. Parts can be found all over the U.S. but others are scrounging up the same parts and it is getting harder all the time to get the missing pieces.

Of course Kubota makes a great machine so you could have a nice tractor when all is said and done. The airlines keep the maintenance up well so the hours are easy and the engines are usually in nice condition; not always though.

Tell me that your not buying it from Atl, Ga, from a guy named Danny. :eek:
Good luck

Tim_P

Jul 15, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
Thanks, I appreciate the info.

No, I'm out in Colorado. From what I understand, this was used at a small airport. I'm familiar with the airports in the area, and I'm fairly certain it hasn't tugged anything bigger than a small Lear-jet

My main goal is to add a loader for moving dirt, but would be nice to add either a belly or rear mower as well. I found a BG loader for $1000, so I figured $2k total for a decent skid-steer equivalent isn't to bad. If I can add the PTO later, great. If not, no big deal.

Thanks again

-Tim