New Chevy Truck

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Arrest me red...lol... 2 things I dont like the trannie seems to have trouble figuring what gear it wants to be in in traffic, dealer said thats a common complaint , the other is the inside lights,,,
Arrest Me Red - funny Skeets!! I'm an old fart that drives a flashy truck like an old lady!! Just ask my wife!!!:eek::eek:

True -- haven't been a fan of the shifting for years, but I think the trannies have gotten better since my first, a '97 Silverado Ext. Cab. That tranny was bad in my book from day 1. 350 engine was great. Not sure I ever used OD after a day or 2. Never had a problem with the tranny, just didn't like the shifting into/out of OD, and I think they were a 5 speed back then?

I'm always driving 2-lane road, so I usually take them out of overdrive. That manual feature is cool in my books, and I use it every day. Run M5 for the most part, and M3 or 4 in the city/village traffic.

I haven't even driven the thing at night yet, but did notice the cab lights are LED, and don't seem too bright.

Hell, I'm not too bright either....just ask my wife!!!:D

Last edited:

workhorse

Jan 14, 2016
Alden, franklinville, boston
Had a 15' with issues and traded in on a 17. So far, very happy. I'm city driving all day for work and can manage 17-18-19. I get on the thruway and it's all 20's. Tranny also gets confused a bit. I feel hard downshifts once in awhile and sometimes it falls flat on its face on acceleration. I'll deal with it for now! Got lots of warranty left

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
The stupid square wheel wells look ignorant to me. I mean come on, the tires aren't square why are the wheel wells?

Won't own another GM truck after the many issues I had from the truck and more importantly dealer and corporate support. I knew going in that there were other options, and sorry I bought that last GM product. Done with them.

But I also understand that many guys and gals are GM die hards, and dissing a GM vehicle is akin to petting a cat backwards. Brand loyalty as they say.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I looked really hard at the Dodge, but read to many things about them, true or not I dont know,,, I dont like the Fords, lil Bro love em. Sure GM has problems just like everything made by man, and your dealer is the only thing that makes any truck work when there is a problem. Bad dealer bad service, bad after sale help, and if they wont stand up to the area manager then you're pretty much screwed, no matter what brand it is. SO I guess it boils down to ,,,ya pays your money and ya takes your pick and hope for the best :)

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Gosh, looking at you guys' pictures, realize I'm the odd guy out on running boards.

I'm 6'4" with 36" long pants. Hate the running boards. Last one had dealer-installed that looked like both yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Gosh, looking at you guys' pictures, realize I'm the odd guy out on running boards.

I'm 6'4" with 36" long pants. Hate the running boards. Last one had dealer-installed that looked like both yours.

I can do without the running boards being 6'1". The running boards on my truck were a must have by my wife ;)

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
Well I gotta admit I love the square tire wells - but Ford, GM, Toyota, Kubota, Deere - my old man gave me the best advice when I got my first vehicle...a Volkswagen Rabbit - he said, "Son, no matter what the brand; if it's got tits, tires, or tracks you're gonna have problems with it!"

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yeah I heard something like that if it has tires or t,,,ahhhhh ,,, mammary glands, your gona have trouble with it,,, truer words were never spoken