New BX80 series - Hydro Oil Brand?

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
Eyeing that first 50 hr service point (which I will do myself) for my BX2380, is everyone using the Kubota branded hydro oil, or is there another brand that meets spec, at reduced cost? Any warranty implications? Don't really want to risk warranty issues, or sacrifice performance to save a few bucks. Then again, if it's correct spec oil at half the cost, from another brand....

For those who have done their 50 hr service on a new BX80 series, what are you using?

windzer

Equipment
Bx2370-1
Dec 8, 2015
Illinois usa
Just use the kubota super udt2 for the transmission better safe than sorry it's not like u have to change the oil every month its.a 400 hr service interval if I remember right . You don't have to change the hydraulic oil at 50 hrs anyway just the filter I changed mine at 50 In My 2370 for the heck of it:)

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Eyeing that first 50 hr service point (which I will do myself) for my BX2380, is everyone using the Kubota branded hydro oil, or is there another brand that meets spec, at reduced cost? Any warranty implications? Don't really want to risk warranty issues, or sacrifice performance to save a few bucks. Then again, if it's correct spec oil at half the cost, from another brand....

For those who have done their 50 hr service on a new BX80 series, what are you using?
you paid $$$k for your machine - 3+ gallons will cost less than $75 or so, another brand might cost 50% of that, but would you not want to be careful with your investment? I would !;):)

eddiebob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680, JD 40
Mar 23, 2014
Poplarville, Mississippi
Engine oil and axle fluid I would consider using something besides Kubota products. SUDT2 is the only thing I would put in the transmission.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Exactly what Hokie said, you just dropped big money on machine, spend a little on the Premium UDT2. There are stories here of people dumping in TSC oil and immediately having issues with tractor. The engine oil, radiator fluid can be aftermarket just like a truck. But the HST system was designed with the UDT2 specs.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
I wouldn`t skimp on trans oil, its not like your changing the transmission oil that often. Put the UDT2 kubota trans oil and kubota filter in it and be done with it. No worries with warranty if your using the proper trans oil. The engine and differentials are a different story.